Virtual engineering internships that are designed specifically to suit you. Interns learn from experienced local engineers in Valencia, with placements available in civil, digital, industrial, biomedical and electronic engineering, as well as renewable energy and more!
This is a remote internship conducted in English that you can undertake from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad.
Remote engineering internships out of Spain are a perfect way of gaining hands-on experience in a specific engineering sector. There is a broad portfolio of placements available on an engineering internship in Spain, offering scope for you to be ideally matched to a unique opportunity that suits your interests, motivations and skills.
Virtual internship placements are available in different specialized sectors, subject to availability, such as:
- Civil engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Industrial design
- Digital manufacturing
- Aeronautical engineering
- Renewable energy (i.e. thermal solar energy, wind power, and biomass)
Interns assist with a range of different projects that are relevant to your background and level of experience. You’ll participate under the guidance of an experienced supervisor, learning industry-standard procedures and contributing to real life projects.
If you’d like to intern in a specific sector, please include details in your application. With a broad range of internship possibilities, you’ll get a more detailed description of your internship once it has been designed with your interests in mind. If you’re looking for a specific kind of placement, have a chat to our team and we’ll be happy to provide more guidance.
Remote interns get the added benefit of improving communication skills, as you’ll be regularly liaising with people in Spain via email and online conferences. Virtual interns maintain regular contact with their supervisor via online meetings and emails, receiving updates and feedback on your internship tasks. You’ll contribute according to an agreed schedule that works for you. However, there will be times when you need to be available for meetings during office hours in Spain. Therefore, you should compare the time-zone in Spain to your own and ensure you’ll have the flexibility to do this.
This internship is conducted in English, or in Spanish by agreement with your internship supervisor. Online Spanish language lessons can be arranged in conjunction with your remote internship if you’d like to further develop your language skills.
Remote Engineering interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Assisting in developing and implementing engineering projects
- Supporting technical and design teams with plans and strategies
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain international engineering experience in a sector of interest to you
- Increase your problem solving skills and adaptability on real world projects
- Contribute to projects with tasks relevant to your level of experience
- Experience engineering standards and procedures in a new environment
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Spain.
- Contribute to real world engineering projects on an internships that matches your own experience and interests
- Grow your network and learn from experienced Spanish engineers
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Engineering consulting firms
- Energy firms
- Construction firms
- Architecture studios
- Start up businesses
- Tech companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.