Remote Legal Practice internships in Spain involve assisting local lawyers in all aspects of their legal work. Placements are available in a wide range of legal specialties, and internships are customized to suit your specific skills and interests. Interns support legal professionals in their daily work, gaining exposure to real-world application of the law in Spain.
This is a remote internship you can undertake from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad.
If you’re an aspiring lawyer looking for international experience in a specific area of law without having to leave home, then this is the internship for you. There is a broad portfolio of placements available on this remote law internship out of Spain, and internships are customized to suit you. Interns can request placements in a range of legal fields, including tax, accounting, labor, mediation, criminal, family, civil, technology, immigration, gender violence, youth offending, wealth planning, and corporate law. These requests will be accommodated wherever possible, but are not guaranteed.
As a virtual law intern, you’ll be placed in a local law firm, NGO or other company, assisting a local lawyer with all aspects of their work. Due to the breadth of possible placements, the nature of interns duties can vary greatly. General duties can include (but may not be limited to):
- Researching existing court cases and preparing for trials
- Reviewing and drafting legal documents
- Assisting in online interviews
While interns may not play an active role in advocacy or court hearings, you can gain an understanding of the legal process and how to prepare for court proceedings. You’ll be able to reflect on hearings with your supervisor afterwards to ask questions and further understand the process. You’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor through virtual meetings, where you’ll report back on your progress, receive feedback, updates and new tasks.
One popular law internship is with a top tier professional football/soccer club in Valencia, where interns can gain experience applying copyrighting law to product licencing situations.
If you want to intern in a particular legal field, please let us know when applying. We do our utmost to accommodate requests but arrangements are always made taking into consideration a number of factors, such as level of Spanish speaking proficiency, experience, study background, and chosen internship duration.
This internship is conducted in English, or in Spanish by agreement with your internship supervisor. Online Spanish language lessons can be arranged in conjunction with your remote internship if you’d like to further develop your language skills.
Remote Legal Practice interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- A range of legal procedures and work specific to an area of law that interests you
- Assisting lawyers in Spain with daily tasks
- Preparing legal documents and reports
- Preparing for court hearings
- Assisting with interviews and legal research
- Conducting legal analysis and providing advice
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain an understanding of the daily duties of a lawyer in Spain
- Experience court processes and formal legal writing
- Understand how to conduct formal legal analysis
- Learn about Spanish law and how it differs to your home country
- Practice and hone Spanish language skills
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Spain.
- Gain practical law experience in an area of law relevant to you
- Experience the application of Spanish law in a range of real life circumstances
- Learn from practicing local lawyers in Spain
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Law firms
- A professional soccer/ football club
- Private companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|