Refugee & Migrant Rights
Assist NGOs that provide education and support services to Moroccan migrants and refugees, many of whom have been intending to reach Europe through North Africa. Interns with a passion for human rights and international law will benefit from first-hand experience both understanding and assisting these minority-group communities.
- First hand teaching experience, particularly in English
- Provide support and education to people who get genuine benefit from your efforts
- Get an understanding of human issues in migrant communities
- Gain international experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Type of host organizations:
Support refugees and migrants in Morocco and gain practical work experience with NGOs by interning remotely from home.
This is a remote internship you can undertake virtually from home. Click here to view in-country internships in Law & Human Rights Support, if you would prefer to intern abroad.
This remote internship program in refugee support and migrant rights out of Morocco serves to promote human rights and provide basic services to disadvantaged refugees and migrants. Interns are placed with the only NGO in the city of Rabat that works with migrants and refugees to give them a place of solace and teach new skills. If you have an interest in human rights and teaching, you can gain career-relevant international experience and make a meaningful difference.
Virtual interns can gain insight into the lives of migrants living in Morocco and have scope to contribute to educational programs for them. These may be taught in English or French. Educational oriented activities are coordinated in collaboration with the local supervisor, involving effective communication strategies and the development of worksheets and tests, to encourage learning and assess progress.
Interns also contribute to the wider picture of migrant rights by supporting fundraising and awareness campaigns. Those with design or communications skills can help to build content and resources for the NGO’s website. All internship tasks are arranged in collaboration between the intern and local coordinator/supervisor.
Refugee & Migrant Rights interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
Prepare online English lessons for groups of 6-8 migrants
Prepare online tests to assess the competency level of the participants
Create workshops and ideas to work on during online teaching sessions
Work on other projects related to supporting migrants and refugees, such as fundraising and awareness campaigns
Maintaining and updating the NGO’s website and social media accounts
Professional development opportunities:
Get experience teaching English and other skills to migrants and refugees
Help to promote awareness of migrant issues that address inequality
Support the human rights disadvantaged communities in an African setting
Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
Academic credit available for all internships
Gain course credit from your college or university and meet your academic requirements when completing an internship abroad or remote internship program with Intern Abroad HQ.Learn about course credit
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$998|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,398|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,698|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- Academic credit facilitation
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
Get inspired with these related intern success stories & guidesRead more inspiring stories
Other internships you may be interested in
Environmental Law out of Greece
Human Rights & Anti-Racism out of Israel
NGO Human Rights out of Morocco
Legal Practice out of Spain
Legal Support for Human Rights Advocacy out of Tanzania
Legal Practice out of USA