Support disadvantaged communities in Morocco and gain practical work experience with NGOs by interning remotely from home.
This is a remote internship you can conduct virtually from home.
This virtual human rights internship, hosted out of Morocco, is a chance to collaborate with NGOs supporting disadvantaged women and migrants. You’ll collaborate across a range of tasks to raise awareness and support fundraising, while contributing to the human rights advancement of disadvantaged communities. If you have an interest in human rights and international law, you can gain career-relevant international experience and make a meaningful difference.
Virtual NGO interns cooperate with the local teams and educate communities on themes such as gender equality, child and youth development, and health and wellbeing. Interns can assist by teaching practical skills, supporting local business ventures, and even teaching English online, to open up career paths. These NGOs are the only ones working in this field in Morocco, so interns can make genuine contributions and gain hands-on experience working with NGOs in Africa.
Participants on this human rights internships out of Morocco may also produce content for the NGO websites, contribute to funding proposals, develop grant applications, and help to teach disadvantaged women, boosting their skills, professional prospects and self confidence.
This internship is conducted in English.
Example internship tasks may include:
- Supporting fundraising, for example by developing grant applications
- Coaching on gender equality, hygiene, childcare and other topics of high value to disadvantaged women
- Providing business advice to help local entrepreneurs
- Teaching English
- Developing and producing content for the NGO’s website
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about the challenges facing women and migrants in Morocco
- Get experience helping disadvantaged people in an African cultural environment
- Contribute to online content that raises awareness and funds for important causes
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Morocco.
- Make a genuine difference on human rights issues in Morocco
- Work alongside an experienced NGO supervisor
- Relevant experience working in NGOs
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|