Gain practical legal experience in human rights, anti-corruption, criminal law and commercial law on this online legal internship that helps NGOs in Tanzania provide pro bono assistance to vulnerable people.
This is a remote internship conducted in English that you can conduct from home.
This online law internship out of Tanzania presents a unique opportunity for those looking to use their law education and experience to provide legal assistance to vulnerable people in Africa. Remote legal internships out of Tanzania are available in either NGOs that provide free services to disadvantaged people, or in local law firms, assisting lawyers with daily tasks.
Inequality in Tanzania means many people are denied basic human rights, however law interns in NGOs can help to provide pro bono assistance in areas such as labour law, family law, criminal law, commercial law and discrimination. Online legal interns can assist NGOs with campaigns aiming to address human rights issues, such as gender inequality in Tanzania. This can involve writing legal documents, website and social media content to support these causes.
Remote internships in law firms in Tanzania involve assisting lawyers with writing reports, preparing legal and court documents, and writing content for websites, social media and newsletters. Legal interns can also provide opinions on real and hypothetical cases, compare and contrast laws of various countries, and practice questioning witnesses.
Interns can state a preference for the type of work experience you would like to gain during your remote internship out of Tanzania, however placements are subject to availability.
Online internships from Tanzania are conducted in English.
Legal Support for Human Rights Advocacy interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- A range of legal specialities, including labour law, family law, criminal law, commercial law or discrimination
- Writing legal reports
- Preparing legal or court documents
- Writing content for websites
- Producing social media content
- Providing legal opinions
- Comparing laws of different jurisdictions
- Questioning witnesses
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about the application of Commonwealth law in Tanzania
- Learn from real and hypothetical cases, and discuss them with experienced local attorneys
- Gain an understanding of human rights issues and the legal difficulties of underprivileged members of society
- Learn about processes and preparations for court hearings
- Get to know the work of an NGOs active in the field of human rights and women’s rights
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Tanzania.
- Intern with an NGO providing human rights legal support to disadvantaged people
- Intern with a law firm active in many legal specialties
- Supervision from a qualified and experienced lawyer
- Get insights in real court cases and learn from experienced attorneys how to prepare for court hearings
- Learn about the empowerment of underprivileged women and disadvantaged minorities in Tanzania
- Gain practical international work experience by interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Legal support NGOs
- Law firms
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|