Remote Clinical Psychology interns assist in a private clinic or hospital setting gaining practical exposure to child and adult mental health, learning difficulties, emotional disturbances, substance abuse, geriatrics, and health psychology. Clinical Psychology interns will be placed under the supervision of a clinical psychiatrist and a specialist in drug rehabilitation.
- Learn from an experienced and renowned clinical psychologist working in hospital settings or private practice
- Experience the needs of a wide range of clients with very specific challenges, and how best to address them
- Gain international experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Type of host organizations:
- Private psychology centres, hospitals, NGOs
Remote Clinical Psychology interns assist in a private clinic or hospital setting gaining practical exposure to child and adult mental health, learning difficulties, emotional disturbances, substance abuse, geriatrics, and health psychology. Interns are guided and instructed by a highly established and experienced Clinical Psychologist.
This is a remote internship you can undertake virtually from home. Click here to view in-country Psychology internships, if you would prefer to intern abroad.
As a virtual Clinical Psychology intern, you will be provided with theoretical tasks and case studies to work on and discuss with your supervisor. You will also have the opportunity to connect with individuals supported by local NGOs due to a lack of mental health specialist support. You’ll have the opportunity to focus on case studies, which can be catered to fit a specific field of interest (e.g. addiction issues or other clinical psychology topics). You will be provided scope to learn about diagnosis, disorders, and how various therapy methods may be proposed. The aim is also to integrate Indian cultural perspectives into the analysis of case studies.
Note that this remote internship can include live sessions with clients/professionals, to cover various highlighted areas of Clinical Psychology, training and mentoring programs. Although remote internships have an element of flexibility (in that you will have some activities you’re able to complete in your own time) you’ll also need to ensure that your own time-zone can accommodate any live sessions, taking place in Indian business hours. If your time-zone and availability will be incompatible, you’re welcome to reach out to us to discuss alternative host-countries for your remote internship needs.
Clinical Psychology interns will be placed under the supervision of a clinical psychiatrist and a specialist in drug rehabilitation. His areas of experitise include general psychiatry, persons with suicide attempts, alcohol and drug addiction, and adolescent mental health.
Relevant supervisors hold the following degrees:
- MA in Clinical Psychology, PGDM in Career Development, Group Psychological Tests, Contemporary Psychotherapies, Psychopathology, Personality Psychology, Micro Counseling & Counseling techniques.
- PhD in Human Development and Family Studies, M.A. in Human Development and Family Counseling, Diploma in Counseling, Diploma in Criminal Psychology and MBA.
If you have academic requirements which stipulate the type of qualification your internship supervisor must have, please let us know in advance.
Clinical Psychology interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
Various assessments related to neurosis and psychosis and its application in child and adult mental health.
Providing online counselling to mental health patients supported by NGOs.
Live sessions with clients/professionals covering various highlighted areas of Clinical Psychology, training and mentoring programs.
Sessions with doctors, frontline healthcare professionals, senior professionals from the education field, counsellors and organization personnel
Pre session research on the speaker and their organization
Covid-19 coping strategies
Project work on topics provided by your Supervisor
Professional development opportunities:
Develop your counselling skills
Recognize specific disorders and propose therapeutic interventions
Use case studies to understand the specific needs of patients
Work with supervisor to provide online diagnosis and counseling
Develop greater understanding of psychological theories
Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
”This internship role exposed me to a wide range of mental health care professions and research topics that allow me to determine areas of potential interest for career opportunities. My most significant learning points were that improving someone’s life in a small way (even just offering a listening ear) can greatly affect the course of their life in a positive way and empowering them to improve their mental health and their situation in life.”
Read reviews from our India InternsRead more reviews
Academic credit available for all internships
Gain course credit from your college or university and meet your academic requirements when completing an internship abroad or remote internship program with Intern Abroad HQ.Learn about course credit
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- Academic credit facilitation
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
Get inspired with these related intern success stories & guidesRead more inspiring stories
Other internships you may be interested in
Covid-19 Psychological Support out of India
Developmental Psychology out of India
Introduction to Counseling Skills out of India
Organizational Psychology with HR & Career Counseling out of India
Child & Youth Mental Health out of Jamaica
Psychology out of Spain