Introduction to Counselling Skills remote interns will gain exposure to general counselling skills applicable to all fields of psychology. This internship is suitable for anyone with an interest in psychology and counselling.
This is a remote internship you can undertake virtually from home. Click here to view in-country Psychology internships, if you would prefer to intern abroad.
This remote internship will include practical exposure to the following areas of counselling:
- Rapport Building
- Listening skills
- Content Paraphrasing
- Reflection Of Feelings
- Goal Setting
- Personal Disclosure
- Summarizing and Home Works / Case Studies
Interns will take part in mock sessions with psychologists as well as have the chance to observe live sessions. Tasks will include writing reports in areas including addiction counseling, stress & anxiety counseling, anger management and relationship counseling.
Note that this remote internship can include live sessions. Although remote internships have an element of flexibility (in that you will have some activities you’re able to complete in your own time) you’ll also need to ensure that your own time-zone can accommodate any live sessions, taking place in Indian business hours. If your time-zone and availability will be incompatible, you’re welcome to reach out to us to discuss alternative host-countries for your remote internship needs.
Introduction to Counseling Skills interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Working with a supervisor to learn about diagnosis and counseling
- Develop a greater understanding of counseling and psychological theories
- Supervisor introduction, feedback, communication, report and project evaluation
Professional development opportunities:
- Develop your counselling skills
- Gain enhanced insight and awareness into the counseling profession
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in India. Between any real-time meetings, you should also anticipate that you’ll create a plan of action with your supervisor, which outlines the tasks you’ll be working on independently.
- Learn from a highly established and experienced Clinical Psychologist and HR Interventionist
- Take part in mock sessions with psychologists and observe live counselling sessions
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Institute of Counseling
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.