Remote Developmental Psychology interns assist in clinics run by a renowned psychologist in India who specializes in testing children with learning difficulties and providing development counselling and remedial education. Interns are directly supervised by the director and you will get the chance to learn about a wide range of professional assessment and remedial techniques.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
If you’re a trainee psychology student seeking hands-on practical experience working with children and young people who have developmental challenges, this remote internship is perfect for you.
Interns are placed with one of six clinics across India that specialize in children with learning difficulties. The centers are authorized training partners for Pearson Clinical Assessments, and test tens of thousands of children each year for IQ, interests, skills and personalities, and use these results to offer remedial support and career advice.
These centers are run by a well known and highly experienced female psychologist, who has written several books, developed postgraduate programs for universities and is regularly featured on Indian television.
Local psychologists in these centers work closely with children and their parents, providing ongoing support for those with learning or developmental difficulties. This can include motor skills, visual motor coordination, reading vocabulary comprehension and arithmetic. Counselling involves initial testing and analysis, and one-on-one remedial work that targets the specific areas where children require additional support. Children may have disorders such as ADHD or autism, learning difficulties or other specific needs.
As a virtual intern, you’ll help local psychologists with assessment, program planning and ongoing monitoring to ensure children’s needs are assessed, identified and addressed. Interns will have the opportunity to learn how specific skill and personality assessments are carried out, how tests are interpreted, and how to develop individual education programs for children that need further assistance. You’ll also help to monitor progress, gaining an understanding of the effectiveness of different programs for individuals.
Interns can use industry-standard testing and interpretation techniques such as WRAT-4, MMPI, Vineland-2, BG, Schonell, WISC-4, FIRO-B and other concepts. You’ll also draw on case studies and psychological research to inform action plans that make a tangible difference to the lives of children who need developmental support.
This internship is conducted in English.
Developmental Psychology interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Assessing students with learning difficulties
- Interpreting test results
- Developing and implementing personal programs that address children’s remedial needs
- Monitoring progress and adjusting programs where necessary
- Planning remedial lessons
- Advising children on careers that match their skills and personalities
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn how to choose, perform and score personal assessments
- Gain familiarity with popular tests and concepts
- Plan lessons
- Use case studies to understand the specific needs of children with a range of difficulties
- Understand cultural factors related to education, career planning and child-parent relationships in India
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in India.
- Learn from a highly experienced and renowned psychologist who runs a successful child psychology business in India
- Experience the needs of a wide range of clients with very specific challenges, and how best to address them
- Make a genuine difference to the lives of children in India
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Private psychology centres
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|