Environmental Conservation Internships Abroad
If you love the great outdoors and want an active career that won’t be spent behind a desk – then an environmental and conservation internship abroad can help you explore vast opportunities that’ll be close to your heart. Whether you want specific experience in la laboratory setting or using GIS technologies, or if you want to gain ecology training that’ll boost your practical skills in the field, we offer environmental internships that’ll enable you to explore unique ecosystems and stunning landscapes!
Where Can I Take An Environmental Conservation Internship?
- Costa Rica - Environmental Conservation
- Greece - Greek Viticulture
- Greece - Aegean Marine Conservation
- Greece - Marine Mammal Research and Conservation
- Greece - Terrestrial Conservation
- Greece - Environmental Law
- Greece - GIS Specialization for Environmental Conservation
- Greece - Laboratory Research & Microplastics
- Greece - Media, Communications & Public Relations
- Greece - Environmental Education
- Guatemala - Coffee Production
- Italy - Agriculture & Production
- Italy - Environmental Conservation & Ecology
- Italy - Sustainable Tourism
- South Africa - Reserve Management - Dinokeng Game Reserve
- South Africa - GIS Specialization for Environmental Conservation
- South Africa - Reserve Management - Kruger National Park
- South Africa - Marine Biology and Reef Conservation - Sodwana Bay
- Spain - Engineering
Depending on your area of study and expertise, each Environmental internship destination offers its own unique placement work with your desired environmental or conservation field.
Who Can Take An Environmental Conservation Internship Abroad?
Our internships are super flexible and we only have a few basic requirements:
- Proficient in the English language
- Have graduated high school by your internship program start date
- Be at least 18 years old by your internship program start date
- Capable of presenting a clean criminal background check
Learn more about how our internships work.
If you’re a university student ideal fields of study include:
- Environmental Sciences / Studies
- Environmental Law / Policy
- Environmental Engineering
- Resource Management / Environmental Planning
- Sustainability Studies
- Systems Ecology
- Animal Behavior
- Veterinary Medicine
When Can I Take An Internship?
Internships are available year-round with minimum durations starting at 2 weeks. We offer flexible start dates to work in with your schedule. Whether it is a Summer internship abroad or you’re inbetween opportunities and would like to grow your global experience, we can plan an internship to suit.
What Type Of Work Can I Take Part In?
Depending on the destination you select, the type of environmental and conservation work varies with each internship. If you have an environmental focus and marine life preference, in Greece there is the opportunity to work on Marine Mammal Conservation, Environmental Lawo and GIS Specialization for Environmental Conservation are just some of the options. If wildlife conservation is more your focus, then South Africa offers work in game reserves where you can gain hands on experience in a range of wildlife conservation focused efforts.
What Costs Are Involved?
Intern Abroad HQ offers the most affordable internship abroad fees. These are broken down into two seperate payments, the registration fee which is US$299 and covers the following:
- Dedicated intern support
- Comprehensive internship guide
- Reflection learning course
- Pre-departure interview
- Flight and travel insurance deals
Then there is the program fee, which is based upon the destination you intern in and the duration. For environmental and conservation internships, Peru offers the lowest program fee of US$545 for 2 weeks and includes:
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Internship placement
- Learning support service
- Accommodation & meals
Check out our full breakdown on fees.
Feel free to get in contact with us if you have any questions regarding our environmental and conservation internships abroad.