Gain hands-on experience on real life interior design and architecture projects. Assist local professionals working on projects for private homes, offices or retail stores. Use your creative freedom to contribute original designs, sketches and renderings, using industry standard tools and software to build highly relevant career experience.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home. Click here to view Architecture internships that you can do in-country, if you’d prefer to travel and intern abroad.
When starting out in your interior design or architecture career, having a portfolio of work that demonstrates your experience, creativity and flair can make a huge difference in your ability to get a job. On this virtual internship in interior design and architecture, you’ll support experienced professionals in Italy producing designs for a range of clients and briefs. This unique internship serves as a real-world investment in the development of your own relevant experience and portfolio, helping to kick start your career and make your resume stand out within a highly competitive industry.
Remote interns are placed in architecture or interior design studios that work with clients to design homes, offices or retail stories. You’ll work alongside your supervisor, contributing designs, renderings, sketches, online models and ideas that match individual client briefs and budgets.
Interns use industry-standard software and tools such as AutoCAD, CAD and Rhinoceros 3D, building your familiarity with these platforms that will be hugely beneficial to your future career. You can also help to present designs and ideas to clients, although if you don’t speak Italian this will depend on the client’s ability to speak English. Your supervisor will be able to host these presentations, and can translate client feedback to you afterwards if needed.
As a virtual intern from home, you’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor via email and online meetings to receive briefs, answer questions, review your work and provide feedback. Your supervisor will provide full briefs and guidance, but allow you to have creative freedom and use your own flair in your work. This is an internship where you’ll gain insight into the life of a professional architect or designer, while gaining an understanding of a future career path.
This internship is conducted in English.
Interior Design & Architecture interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Assist with new and ongoing project development
- Producing designs and sketches to match client briefs
- Presenting designs to clients
- Researching design styles and trends
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience in the design of private homes, offices and stores
- Learn how to produce sketches, online models, renderings and designs to a high standard
- Use software and tools such as AutoCAD, CAD, and Rhinoceros 3D
- Build communication skills liaising with colleagues online
- Understand contemporary design techniques and trends in Italy
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Companies usually work Monday to Friday during normal office hours. However, as a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor at least once a week, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Italy.
- Produce designs and contribute to real life architecture and design projects
- Build your own design portfolio with a range of different projects
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Architecture studios
- Design studios
- Freelance architects and designers
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|