These Business Development internships offer multifaceted experiences with an online e-commerce platform for sustainable fashion houses from around the world. Virtual interns conduct market research and internal analyses to develop business growth strategies, helping to expand the ethical fashion industry.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
Sustainable fashion is a growing concern around the world, with consumer interest increasing around responsible, ethical clothing that doesn’t negatively impact the environment. As a virtual Business Development intern with a sustainable fashion outlet, you help to grow the industry alongside experienced fashion professionals, expanding your industry knowledge, developing your professional network internationally, and learning hands-on business skills. This is a perfect internship for anyone with a passion for sustainability, who is looking to get into the business side of the fashion industry.
Remote Business Development interns are placed with a global e-commerce platform that is used by sustainable fashion houses from around the world. Interns identify new business opportunities or areas of growth within your placement company, working closely with the CEO and other staff. You’ll be expected to deliver presentations based on your work, and gain experience identifying and implementing growth opportunities and business improvements.
Virtual interns conduct market analysis to identify new countries with expansion opportunities or new trends in e-commerce or startups. This includes researching different funding platforms, competitors or apps to find features or systems that can help your placement company. You can also conduct internal assessments and make recommendations to improve internal processes.
Interns can also identify potential business partnerships and collaborators, along with new funding opportunities. You’ll gain experience writing market research reports, business plans, financial forecasts and monthly sales reports, all contributing to helping to grow online sales for the sustainable fashion brands selling through your placement company. Internships can be customized to allow you to work on specific areas of fashion business development that interest you the most.
You’ll take part in weekly online meetings with all staff at your placement, learn about how the business runs and contribute to brainstorms on regular operations. This internship is a great fit for those with proactive personalities and an interest in fashion, and ethical production.
This internship is conducted in English.
Sustainable Fashion Business interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Conducting market research and internal process assessments
- Developing growth strategies or business improvement opportunities
- Refining systems within startup e-commerce stores
- Identifying potential collaborators or business partners
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience seeking new business markets or opportunities
- Develop and implement growth strategies with startup companies in the e-commerce space
- Learn about current trends and features in fashion and e-commerce
- Learn how to create business and financial reports
- Deliver presentations on your findings to the CEO and other staff
- Contribute to business discussions on weekly conferences
- Gain experience identifying and implementing collaboration opportunities
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Virtual interns must manage their own time successfully. You’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Prague.
- Work with experienced fashion professionals in a modern e-commerce fashion store
- Gain hands-on experience growing a startup company in the global fashion industry
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Online marketplace for eco-fashion labels
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|