These virtual internships in international business enable participants to develop experience in a wide range of international business operations across multiple industries and economic activities in India and around the world.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
These are highly personalized International Business internships, and we will use your preferences and interests to customize your internship so that it meets your personal goals. Interns are matched to engaging placements, where experienced supervisors provide guidance, as well as meaningful tasks and objectives.
Specific duties will depend on the exact nature of your internship, but often include collecting and analyzing data, developing business concepts, and helping with administrative tasks. You’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor, who is an experienced local manager.
Remote International Business interns can opt to be placed in companies in the following industries:
Business research and consulting
Interns assist a research and consulting company in the city of Jaipur, helping to conduct research on behalf of the Indian government, international organizations and private enterprises. International business interns support members of the business research and consulting team, who have backgrounds in economics and engineering.
Previous research projects include:
- Economic assessment of the quality of a public education system
- Market analysis for international Chambers of Commerce
- Market analysis and evaluation of development potential within the food processing industry
Interns assist a large industrial facility, with cool stores, silos, packaging and processing capabilities, that are rented to small and medium sized businesses. Interns can experience underlying business concepts, liaising with partner companies and helping the day-to-day operation of the business.
Interns can be placed in a mentoring and incubator program that provides support to start-up businesses across India. These education centers offer short term courses to business owners, in fields including information technology, e-commerce, and marketing. Remote interns can help to set up and administer these courses, while also gaining insights into the start-up businesses that participate in the programs.
With a wide range of placements, and roles within those placements, available, interns can either state a preference for a placement in your application, or allow your placement to be determined based on your skills and goals for your internship.
This internship is conducted in English.
International Business interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Research projects
- Collecting and analyzing business data
- Helping to develop business concepts
- Business administration and logistics
Professional development opportunities:
- Collection and analysis of data
- Business consultation for different types of customers
- Administrative tasks
- Development of business concepts
- Intercultural communication
- Project management
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
- Companies work full time, six days per week. Remote interns can arrange your own schedule with your supervisor, based on either a 20- or 40- hour work week.
- Learn about business research, data analysis and business report writing from a team of experienced professionals
- Gain insights into the business culture of India, the world’s sixth largest economy
- Understand about business consulting for a variety of clients, ranging from governments and international organisations, to start-ups
- Learn about business management and finance across a variety of business sectors.
Types of host organizations:
- Business consulting and research companies
- Food processing companies
- Business mentoring centers
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|