This is a highly customizable international business internship, where interns contribute remotely with companies in startup business mentoring, educating, food storage and processing, and business research and consulting. Placements and duties can be customized to interns’ interests and skills, and may include collecting business data, supporting IT engineering and providing business advice.
- Learn about business research, data analysis and business report writing from a team of experienced professionals
- Gain insights into the business culture of India, the world's sixth largest economy
- Understand about business consulting for a variety of clients, ranging from governments and international organisations, to start-ups
- Learn about business management and finance across a variety of business sectors.
Type of host organizations:
- Business consulting and research companies
- Food processing companies
- Business mentoring centers
These virtual internships in international business enable participants to develop experience in a wide range of international business operations across multiple industries and economic activities in India and around the world.
This is a remote internship you can undertake virtually from home. Click here to view in-country Business internships, if you would prefer to intern abroad.
These are highly personalized International Business internships, and we will use your preferences and interests to customize your internship so that it meets your personal goals. Interns are matched to engaging placements, where experienced supervisors provide guidance, as well as meaningful tasks and objectives.
Specific duties will depend on the exact nature of your internship, but often include collecting and analyzing data, developing business concepts, and helping with administrative tasks. You’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor, who is an experienced local manager.
Remote International Business interns can opt to be placed in companies in the following industries:
Business research and consulting
Interns assist a research and consulting company in the city of Jaipur, helping to conduct research on behalf of the Indian government, international organizations and private enterprises. International business interns support members of the business research and consulting team, who have backgrounds in economics and engineering.
Previous research projects include:
- Economic assessment of the quality of a public education system
- Market analysis for international Chambers of Commerce
- Market analysis and evaluation of development potential within the food processing industry
Interns assist a large industrial facility, with cool stores, silos, packaging and processing capabilities, that are rented to small and medium sized businesses. Interns can experience underlying business concepts, liaising with partner companies and helping the day-to-day operation of the business.
Interns can be placed in a mentoring and incubator program that provides support to start-up businesses across India. These education centers offer short term courses to business owners, in fields including information technology, e-commerce, and marketing. Remote interns can help to set up and administer these courses, while also gaining insights into the start-up businesses that participate in the programs.
With a wide range of placements, and roles within those placements, available, interns can either state a preference for a placement in your application, or allow your placement to be determined based on your skills and goals for your internship.
Business Administration & Start Ups interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
Collecting and analyzing business data
Helping to develop business concepts
Business administration and logistics
Professional development opportunities:
Collection and analysis of data
Business consultation for different types of customers
Development of business concepts
Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
”I chose the Virtual International Business Internship out of India because I wanted to gain more insight into how Organizational Psychology works and see HR practices in real-life situations. Choosing this internship program has enabled me to grow and work out what I want to do in my future career.”
Read reviews from our India InternsRead more reviews
Academic credit available for all internships
Gain course credit from your college or university and meet your academic requirements when completing an internship abroad or remote internship program with Intern Abroad HQ.Learn about course credit
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- Academic credit facilitation
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.