Support businesses based in Italy on these virtual Business Development internships. Interns help companies to expand their horizons into new markets, boost customer awareness, and support diverse aspects of business administration and development. Gain hands-on skills and make your resume stand out with real life business development experience.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad in Italy.
These Business Development remote internships out of Italy are a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in helping to drive the growth of a business early on in your career. You’ll help in identifying new growth markets, clients and opportunities, while developing and implementing business development strategies for your placement company or organization. These opportunities will help you to gain insight into such responsibilities and learn from your supervisor, in regard to real-world projects and business plans, provides a valuable platform to kick-start your career, develop your soft skills in business, gain relevant experience, and make your resume stand out to employers.
Internship placements are available across a range of different companies, from small startups to medium sized enterprises. These organizations span multiple industries, including merchandising, distribution, manufacturing, IT and import/export, where businesses are looking to grow their operations while supporting the professional development of students and young professionals. As a virtual intern, your role will be to support business development strategies, in accordance with the goals and priorities of your placement.
Interns can contribute to business development by taking part in activities such as:
- Researching potential clients
- Producing original marketing material
- Digital marketing and social media management
- Researching local and international expansion opportunities
- Conducting competitor analysis
- Developing PR and communications campaigns
As a remote intern, you’ll be in regular contact with a supervisor at your placement company to develop and implement expansion strategies based on their priorities. Initially, you should expect to spend some time growing your understanding of the business and its market, in order to develop relevant business development objectives and strategies.
Interns wishing to be placed in a specific industry should include details in your application, though please note these requests are subject to availability.
Internships are conducted in English. However, interns with Italian language skills will be encouraged to practice them.
Business Development interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Identifying new market opportunities
- Conducting market and competitor research
- Helping to establish new import/export agreements
- Digital marketing and social media management
- Developing and implementing growth strategies
- PR and communications
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain in-depth knowledge of your placement industry
- Gain experience establishing new business relationships
- Learn how to grow businesses into new local and international markets
- Improve your research and business analysis skills
- Develop digital marketing, branding and social media understanding
- Produce original and engaging content for websites and social media
- Conduct PR and media campaigns
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Companies usually work Monday to Friday during normal office hours. However, as a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor at least once a week, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Italy.
- Gain real life experience growing a business
- Conduct local and international business across Italy, Europe and worldwide
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- IT companies
- Import/export companies
- Merchandise/product producers
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.