Kickstart your engineering career by supporting national and global firms on projects spanning chemical, mechanical, informatics, environmental and civil engineering. These are customized engineering internships in fields of interest to you, helping with project planning, research and delivery.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
Remote Engineering internships out of Italy offer placements working in an engineering speciality that appeals to you. Remote interns are matched with a suitable engineering company that specializes in a discipline you’re interested and educated in, providing a virtual internship role that’s highly relevant to your skills and interests.
Interns contribute to a range of diverse engineering and construction projects, getting the chance to apply your theoretical knowledge in practical situations. While the nature of your internship can vary, typical tasks for remote interns usually include (but are not limited to):
- Researching and planning for relevant projects that align with the portfolio of the company
- Developing archives that act as resources for future engineering projects
- Assist with delivery and client support related to current projects
- Contribute relevant engineering articles for websites and industry publications, in alignment with the goals and strategies of the engineering company
For example, if you are interested in environmental engineering, you can analyze data in regard to the environmental impact of different projects, agricultural research, plastic bags / microplastics etc. Regardless of your specialty, you’ll gain experience applying mathematics or engineering principles you’ve learned to real-world projects, and understand how they’re managed.
Engineering interns looking for placements in a specific field of engineering should include details, including prior experience, in your application.
As a remote intern, you’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor, who is an experienced engineer in Italy, via email and online meetings.
This remote internship is conducted in English but interns with some pre-existing Italian language skills will benefit from practising these.
Remote Engineering interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Researching, planning and delivering ongoing engineering solutions
- Specific tasks in a range of engineering specialties
- Writing engineering articles
- Building archives
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain practical experience in an engineering field of interest to you
- Build research skills to support project goals
- Understand how to complete engineering archives
- Develop writing skills for formal publications and journals
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Companies usually work Monday to Friday during normal office hours. However, as a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor at least once a week, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Italy.
- Build your theoretical knowledge in a specific engineering field
- Contribute to real life engineering projects in Italy
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Engineering companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|