Support disadvantaged minorities in Morocco and gain practical work experience with NGOs by interning remotely from your home.
This is a remote internship you can conduct virtually from home.
This remote internship in LGBT and human rights out of Morocco delivers real social impact. Interns assist LGBT and youth organizations that provide valuable services to the minorities they serve. If you have a background or interest in human rights, business management, social work, digital-media and entrepreneurship, you can gain career-relevant international experience and make a meaningful difference.
Many minorities in Morocco have limited freedom to express themselves fully, and interns participating in this remote internship program will help to improve the human rights of these groups.
Interns will get involved in many aspects of supporting these minority groups and publicizing their stories to grow public awareness. You’ll engage with community members to hear about their experiences, then utilize social media to share their stories online. By sharing your own experiences with the individuals you speak with, you will also help their personal development and confidence.
The LGBT and youth organisations run projects, such as local public awareness campaigns and support initiatives, and you’ll help develop and plan these. You’ll also support fundraising efforts by connecting with both local and international organisations, charities and grant-giving institutions to promote the situation in Morocco.
If you have design skills they can be put to good use by building online assets, including photos, videos and graphics, which are so essential in engaging the audiences the local community works with. These campaigns connect and mobilize minority communities online, allowing them to support each other and build relationships.
This internship is highly customizable to each intern’s interests and skill set. We will work with applicants to craft an experience that makes the most of your experience and delivers the highest value to the local community you help.
This internship is conducted in English.
Internship tasks may include:
- Answering questions and requests of victims of assault or verbal abuse on social media via emails and video calls
- Working with the team on raising the awareness of individual freedoms and ways to improve them
- Managing a database in English of reports (e.g. cases of harassment or abuse that have been experienced)
- Working on project development and helping to source funding for them
- Connecting and mobilizing the community online about the importance of individual freedoms
- Manage online content to reach out to as many audiences as possible
Professional development opportunities:
- Counsel individuals from minority communities
- Support causes that promote human rights of minorities
- Produce social media and online content to raise awareness and support
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Morocco.
- Intern in minority support organizations that make a difference in their communities
- Support abuse victims and help to give them increased confidence
- Promote important causes that improve the lives of minorities
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Minority support groups
- Youth organizations
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|