Support refugees and migrants in Morocco and gain practical work experience with NGOs by interning remotely from home.
This is a remote internship you can conduct virtually from home.
This remote internship program in refugee support and migrant rights out of Morocco serves to promote human rights and provide basic services to disadvantaged refugees and migrants. Interns are placed with the only NGO in the city of Rabat that works with migrants and refugees to give them a place of solace and teach new skills. If you have an interest in human rights and teaching, you can gain career-relevant international experience and make a meaningful difference.
Virtual interns can gain insight into the lives of migrants living in Morocco and have scope to contribute to educational programs for them. These may be taught in English or French. Educational oriented activities are coordinated in collaboration with the local supervisor, involving effective communication strategies and the development of worksheets and tests, to encourage learning and assess progress.
Interns also contribute to the wider picture of migrant rights by supporting fundraising and awareness campaigns. Those with design or communications skills can help to build content and resources for the NGO’s website. All internship tasks are arranged in collaboration between the intern and local coordinator/supervisor.
This internship is conducted in English.
Example internship tasks may include:
- Prepare online English lessons for groups of 6-8 migrants
- Prepare online tests to assess the competency level of the participants
- Create workshops and ideas to work on during online teaching sessions
- Work on other projects related to supporting migrants and refugees, such as fundraising and awareness campaigns
- Maintaining and updating the NGO’s website and social media accounts
Professional development opportunities:
- Get experience teaching English and other skills to migrants and refugees
- Help to promote awareness of migrant issues that address inequality
- Support the human rights disadvantaged communities in an African setting
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Morocco.
- First hand teaching experience, particularly in English
- Provide support and education to people who get genuine benefit from your efforts
- Get an understanding of human issues in migrant communities
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|