Hands-on digital marketing and e-commerce internships in the sought-after field of sustainable fashion. Interns are placed with a global online marketplace for international sustainable fashion brands. Interns contribute fashion blogs, create newsletters, assist with SEO optimizations, social media accounts and develop engaging email marketing campaigns.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
One of the most important considerations within the fashion industry is the need for production to be ethical, environmentally responsible and sustainable. As a virtual Marketing intern working in a Sustainable Fashion placement, you’ll help to champion sustainable brands, by promoting the most responsible producers to a discerning audience. You’ll develop marketing ideas and materials for a global online e-commerce marketplace that hosts the world’s leading sustainable fashion brands, contributing to a cleaner fashion industry and a healthier planet.
Interns collaborate with an international team with several years experience in e-commerce, digital marketing and fashion promotion. You’ll learn about different sustainable materials, sustainable fashion certifications and sustainable textile production. You’ll also research different brands, contact potential partners, and help to nurture and develop new relationships for the e-commerce site.
Your virtual internship role will be to support the online marketplace by developing engaging content such as blog posts, newsletters and social media posts. You can also learn about SEO and optimize websites to reach wider online audiences and engage social media influencers to explore partnerships.
Interns can use Shopify, Wordpress, Canva and other tools to develop content, and design engaging email marketing campaigns using MailChimp. Experience using these industry-standard tools is highly useful for your future career in marketing.
The marketplace you’ll be placed in is at the startup phase of their enterprise, which means you can be asked to assist in a range of business areas. This is an opportunity to experience different aspects of fashion and e-commerce that will give you broad experience and skills within the industry. You’ll take part in weekly online meetings with the whole business team to brainstorm ideas and priorities, and get your tasks for the week. This is an opportunity to contribute to the direction of the marketplace and learn how it is run.
This internship is a great fit for those with proactive personalities and an interest in fashion marketing and ethical manufacturing.
This internship is conducted in English.
Sustainable Fashion Marketing interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Creating digital marketing content
- Develop and implement email marketing campaigns
- Website administration - uploading and updating content
- Research, contact and onboard eco brands for our marketplace
- Implement SEO strategies
Professional development opportunities:
- Plan and manage website, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest content
- Gain experience using marketing tools such as Mailchimp, Shopify, Canva and Wordpress
- Gain SEO experience
- Build relationships and international networks in the fashion industry
- Deliver content to support marketing and growth strategies
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Virtual interns must manage their own time successfully. You’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Prague, Czech Republic.
- Create content and in a range of platforms to support sustainable fashion
- Gain hands-on digital marketing experience in the fast-growing sustainable fashion industry
- Work collaboratively with an international team of fashion and e-commerce professionals
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Online marketplace for sustainable fashion brands
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|