Business Administration internships are a great way to learn how businesses work from the inside across multiple departments. Interns experience business operations on a domestic or international level, with customized internship placements that give you insight into the day to day workings of diverse companies and transferable skills within professional settings.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation included.
Business administration is a critical function in all businesses. Effective administrators are highly organized, efficient workers and use their strong communication skills to provide support to all aspects of business operations. As a Business Administration intern, you’ll learn on-the-job skills that support business success and be able to handle a range of important tasks, often on short notice or tight deadlines.
This is an internship that is designed to suit you. There is a broad portfolio of placements available on a Business Administration internship in New Zealand, offering scope for you to be ideally matched to a unique opportunity that suits your interests, motivations and skills. This includes placements in companies ranging in size from startups to international corporations and NGOs, working in industries including import/export, logistics, supply chain and FMCG.
As an intern, your experience can span business management, finance, retail, and human resources. Placements in New Zealand are commonly multicultural and multinational, enabling interns to gain diverse workplace experience which boosts both cultural intelligence and practical know-how.
Business Administration interns should come prepared to work adaptively within a team. Depending on your internship placement and area of focus, you can contribute to work such as:
- Marketing planning & management
- Business strategy and change management
- Human resource management
- Event management
- Product development and brand management
- Customer service
- Economic decision-making
- Project management
- Data management and technology
- Quality control
- International supply chain management
- Operations management
- International business law
- Management accounting and analysis
If you want to gain experience in a specific sector, please include details in your application. Requests will be accommodated wherever possible, but are subject to availability.
In your spare time, you’ll be able to explore the cosmopolitan, vibrant city of Auckland. New Zealand is renowned for adventure tourism and incredible environmental diversity - where else could you go surfing and skiing in one day?! Interns with a passion for the environment shouldn’t come to New Zealand without planning to explore the amazing natural landscapes - from glaciers and mountains, to stunning lakes, beaches, native bush and incredible geothermal attractions. From Auckland city, many regions are just a short flight away. Your weekends will be packed with adventure and discovery like never before!
This internship is conducted in English.
Business Administration interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Customer service
- Contributing to operations, events, HR, product development or supply chain projects
- Implementing business or marketing strategies
- Providing logistical or administrative support
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain first hand knowledge of how companies are run
- Understand how to multitask and deliver solutions to deadlines
- Gain experience in a range of operational and business management areas
- Engage with customers and suppliers, helping to satisfy their specific needs
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Gain practical experience providing wrap-around support in a range of business sectors
- Help to deliver efficient administrative solutions that support business success
- Enjoy the world famous tourist adventures on offer in New Zealand
Types of host organizations:
- Import/export companies
- Logistics businesses
- Supply chain companies
- FMCG producers
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|8 weeks||8 weeks||$3,199|
|10 weeks||10 weeks||$3,639|
|12 weeks||12 weeks||$4,029|
|16 weeks||16 weeks||$4,909|
|20 weeks||20 weeks||$5,689|
|24 weeks||24 weeks||$6,469|
It is important to note that internships in Auckland do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. A NZ$700 accommodation security deposit must be paid in-country but this is fully refundable, subject to inspection of the accommodation upon departure and confirmation that there have been no damages.