Business Development internships are perfect for those looking to gain insight into how businesses are run, and gain experience developing and implementing growth strategies. Internships are personalized for you, with placements available in private and NGO sectors, across commerce, health, real estate, sports, tech, tourism, start-up companies, and more.
This is an in-country internship conducted in English, with accommodation and meals included. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
These are highly customized Business Development internships, as your level of experience, study field, preferences and goals are taken into account when your internship details are designed. This means your internship is unique to you, your skills and interests. Interns are matched to engaging placements, where experienced supervisors are prepared to provide guidance, as well as meaningful tasks and objectives.
Interns are placed in innovative small to medium sized enterprises, and can work in a range of different ways to help your placement company to achieve its business targets. This can include assisting with international expansion projects, researching new local or international opportunities, improving customer service, identifying market needs and providing strategic direction.
The diverse opportunities are spread across a number of industries, such as commerce, health, real estate, sports, tech, tourism, start-up companies, and more. If you have a preferred sector for your internship, just let us know when you apply.
Valencia is a popular tourist city on Spain’s south-eastern Mediterrenean Coast, well known for its historic old town and its relaxed way of life. Visitors can enjoy time on the beach, exploring bustling riverside parks and markets, and the iconic City of Arts and Sciences Museum.
This internship is conducted in English but if you have Spanish language skills your internship supervisor will be glad to help you practice and hone them during the placement. All internship orientations in Valencia include introductory Spanish language lessons, which are fun and social. You can arrange to continue Spanish language lessons during your internship, if you wish to develop your skills, and this can be coordinated in-country.
Business Development interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Researching new local and international business opportunities
- Delivering improved customer service strategies
- Developing and implementing business strategies to satisfy local market needs
- Developing and implementing growth strategies
- Conducting market research to streamline internal processes
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain modern industry knowledge in a sector relevant to you
- Learn research techniques and deliver findings in presentations to local staff
- Come up with effective business strategies and gain experience implementing them
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Gain hands-on experience researching, developing and implementing business growth strategies
- Make a genuine difference helping local businesses in industries relevant to you
- Enjoy traveling and living in Valencia, with easy access to wider Spain and the Mediterrenean
Types of host organizations:
- Start up companies
- Real estate companies
- Sports clubs
- Tech companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.