Business Development internships are perfect for those looking to gain insight into how businesses are run, and gain experience developing and implementing growth strategies. Internships are personalized for you, with placements available in private and NGO sectors, across commerce, health, real estate, sports, tech, tourism, start-up companies, and more.
This is an in-country internship conducted in English, with accommodation and meals included. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
These are highly customized Business Development internships, as your level of experience, study field, preferences and goals are taken into account when your internship details are designed. This means your internship is unique to you, your skills and interests. Interns are matched to engaging placements, where experienced supervisors are prepared to provide guidance, as well as meaningful tasks and objectives.
Interns are placed in innovative small to medium sized enterprises, and can work in a range of different ways to help your placement company to achieve its business targets. This can include assisting with international expansion projects, researching new local or international opportunities, improving customer service, identifying market needs and providing strategic direction. The diverse opportunities are spread across a number of industries, such as commerce, health, real estate, sports, tech, tourism, start-up companies, and more. If you have a preferred sector for your internship, just let us know when you apply.
Spanish language proficiency is not a requirement to join. However, interns should expect that a language barrier can still be encountered to a certain extent. Interns should be prepared for the very natural and normal frustration of not always understanding what is being said around them. Come prepared and willing to surmount a language barrier (and ask for help when needed), as opposed to being intimidated by it. Bear in mind that internships in Spain include five introductory Spanish language lessons, which are provided during the orientation period. Any additional Spanish language lessons must be coordinated and paid for separately. We encourage all interns to take advantage of the opportunity to learn some Spanish skills during their program (or develop their existing vocabulary).
Valencia is a popular tourist city on Spain’s south-eastern Mediterranean Coast. It’s well known for its historic old town and relaxed way of life. In recent years, Valencia has established itself as a fantastic hub for culture and enterprise. While the city is broadly celebrated for its modern City of Arts and Sciences Museum, it’s an equally desirable destination if you love the outdoors, excellent cuisine and fantastic weather!
Business Development interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Researching new local and international business opportunities
- Delivering improved customer service strategies
- Developing and implementing business strategies to satisfy local market needs
- Developing and implementing growth strategies
- Conducting market research to streamline internal processes
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain modern industry knowledge in a sector relevant to you
- Learn research techniques and deliver findings in presentations to local staff
- Come up with effective business strategies and gain experience implementing them
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Gain hands-on experience researching, developing and implementing business growth strategies
- Make a genuine difference helping local businesses in industries relevant to you
- Enjoy traveling and living in Valencia, with easy access to wider Spain and the Mediterranean
Types of host organizations:
- Start up companies
- Real estate companies
- Sports clubs
- Tech companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Program Fee (USD)
|2 weeks||$2,209Equivalent to $157/day|
|3 weeks||$2,434Equivalent to $115/day|
|4 weeks||$2,659Equivalent to $94/day|
|5 weeks||$2,884Equivalent to $82/day|
|6 weeks||$3,109Equivalent to $74/day|
|8 weeks||$3,559Equivalent to $63/day|
|10 weeks||$4,009Equivalent to $57/day|
|12 weeks||$4,459Equivalent to $53/day|
|16 weeks||$5,359Equivalent to $47/day|
|20 weeks||$6,259Equivalent to $44/day|
|24 weeks||$7,159Equivalent to $42/day|
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- In-country guidance for social and tourist activities
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Coaching from your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Optional extras, such as language lessons
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in your Program Fee
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.
- Balance of your Program Fee is due 60 days before your internship start date.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- Terms and Conditions apply.