Exciting Digital Marketing internships offering hands-on experience within the marketing and communication departments of Italian brands, as well as specialist marketing, communications and graphic design agencies. Interns mostly focus on online advertising, digital communications strategies and social media marketing.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation and meals provided.
These Digital Marketing internships in Rome offer the opportunity to develop your cutting edge online marketing skills contributing to a range of campaigns with different companies. Interns are placed within the marketing and communications departments of a specific brand, or in agencies that give you the chance to contribute to a range of campaigns across multiple companies.
This internship offers broad scope to learn skills in a range of specific areas within digital marketing. Your internship will be customized to suit your own skills and interests, meaning you’ll be gaining relevant experience and building a resume of skills that will kick start your communications and marketing career. Examples of internship activities may include (but aren’t limited to):
- Creating social media and website content
- Graphic design
- Developing and implementing marketing or communications campaigns
- Website maintenance
- Assisting with client meetings
- Conducting competitor and market research
- Data analysis and reporting
Interns are encouraged to include any relevant experience or skills in your application in order for your internship to be designed to best suit you.
It is important to note that internships in Rome include mandatory Italian language lessons, which are included within the minimum duration requirement of the internship. While your internship can be conducted in English, interns are encouraged to use the opportunity to practice your Italian skills where possible.
For beginners to the Italian language (levels A1 and A2), you’re required to complete a four-week Italian language course at an accredited language school in Rome before you start at your internship placement.
Interns with intermediate Italian will complete two weeks of language lessons, prior to commencing the placement. If you have intermediate language skills, please note that you may be asked to provide verification (such as a B1 or B2 level certificate).
Additional language lessons can be arranged in-country, for those who wish to continue classes.
There is a lot to do in your spare time while completing your internship in Italy! Rome is an absolutely fantastic city to explore. Having been inhabited for the last three millennia, it’s brimming with ancient history, including almost 300 fountains and nearly a thousand churches. Not to mention the amazing eateries that will constantly tempt you! Walking tours of the city are highly recommended, as a fun and an interesting way to discover your bearings, along with everything else that the city has to offer. Our team in Rome is incredibly warm and welcoming, so you’ll have excellent support and advice when you’re looking to plan excursions and social activities. Considering that the pizza, pasta and gelato are so good, you’ll appreciate the fact that walking through the city is such enjoyable exercise!
Digital Marketing interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Digital and social media marketing
- Contributing original written and graphic design content
- Assisting with communications and marketing strategies
- Contributing to ongoing communications and marketing campaigns
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn contemporary digital marketing and communications skills
- Develop digital copywriting and graphic design skills
- Understand how to create engaging online and social media content
- Develop research and competitor analysis skills
- Understand how to create and deliver strategies and campaigns
- Build website management skills using different content management systems
- Build Italian language skills in a professional environment
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Learn and use contemporary digital communications and marketing techniques
- Contribute to real life campaigns for local companies in Rome
- Explore all the attractions of Rome and wider Italy, while enjoying amazing Italian food
Types of host organizations:
- Private companies
- Marketing agencies
- Communications agencies
- Graphic design agencies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Beginner Italian Language Speakers
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
Intermediate Italian Language Speakers
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Rome include mandatory Italian language lessons, which are taken in conjunction with the internship program. Beginners to the Italian language must commit to a minimum duration of at least 8 weeks, which includes a 4-week introductory Italian language course and the remaining weeks in a full time internship placement. Intermediate Italian speakers (B1 or B2 or higher) must commit to a minimum duration of 6 weeks, which includes a 2-week Italian language course and the remaining weeks in a full time internship placement.