Develop your sales experience and assist with international business growth in a range of industries. These are customized business internships for anyone with an interest in international trade, business development and communications. Interns assist with adapting sales content for international markets, supporting international business departments and more.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation and meals included. To explore remote internships that you can undertake from home, click here.
Sales & Trade internships in Spain are personalized for each intern. We use your interests, preferences and goals to inform the designation of your internship placement and ensure it is highly relevant to your level of experience, study field and career ambitions. Interns are matched to placements with engaging companies and organizations throughout the vibrant city of Valencia, where experienced supervisors provide support and guidance relating to meaningful tasks and objectives.
There are a broad range of placements available in all aspects of business development, sales and marketing, and the specifics of each role will vary based on your skills and interests. Regardless of your specific placement assignment, you’ll be learning about - and helping to build - international business relationships with an exciting and innovative Spanish company or organization. Whether identifying key partners or potential opportunities, performing order management tasks, adapting sales content for international markets, participating in marketing campaigns, or supporting international business departments, there is plenty for you to learn.
This internship is conducted in English and Spanish language proficiency is not a requirement to join. However, interns should expect that a language barrier can still be encountered to a certain extent. Interns should be prepared for the very natural and normal frustration of not always understanding what is being said around them. Come prepared and willing to surmount a language barrier (and ask for help when needed), as opposed to being intimidated by it. Bear in mind that internships in Spain include five introductory Spanish language lessons, which are provided during the orientation period. Any additional Spanish language lessons must be coordinated and paid for separately. We encourage all interns to take advantage of the opportunity to learn some Spanish skills during their program (or develop their existing vocabulary).
Valencia is a popular tourist city on Spain’s south-eastern Mediterranean Coast. It’s well known for its historic old town and relaxed way of life. In recent years, Valencia has established itself as a fantastic hub for culture and enterprise. While the city is broadly celebrated for its modern City of Arts and Sciences Museum, it’s an equally desirable destination if you love the outdoors, excellent cuisine and fantastic weather!
Sales & Trade interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Building and managing international sales relationships
- Researching and assessing new international market opportunities
- Creating content to support marketing campaigns
- Contributing to ongoing projects in sales, communications or international relations
- Contributing to business growth and development strategies
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience working with digital platforms and digital communications
- Develop relationship building skills
- Build sales experience
- Gain business development experience and implement growth strategies
- Build your international business network
- Practice and hone Spanish language skills
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Contribute to real life business scenarios in a role that suits your interests
- Build business experience on a global scale
- Enjoy traveling and living in Valencia, with easy access to wider Spain and the Mediterranean
Types of host organizations:
- Marketing agencies
- International business departments in various companies
- Sales and marketing departments in various companies
- E-commerce sites
- Marketing and communication companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|2 weeks||2 weeks||$2,209|
|3 weeks||3 weeks||$2,434|
|4 weeks||4 weeks||$2,659|
|5 weeks||5 weeks||$2,884|
|6 weeks||6 weeks||$3,109|
|8 weeks||8 weeks||$3,559|
|10 weeks||10 weeks||$4,009|
|12 weeks||12 weeks||$4,459|
|16 weeks||16 weeks||$5,359|
|20 weeks||20 weeks||$6,259|
|24 weeks||24 weeks||$7,159|
European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.