These Sales & Account Management internships in Italy offer the chance to build hands-on experience assisting with business development strategies, helping to conduct market research, assist sales teams, run promotional strategies, or conduct fiscal, administrative and accounting activities. Internships can be in a broad range of companies and are customized to suit your own skills and interests.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation and meals provided.
This is a perfect internship for business-minded interns. You can either gain broad experience across a range of Sales & Account Management roles, or focus on building specific skills within a certain area.
Every Sales & Account Management internship is personalized, and your preferences and goals will help to customize your internship so it’s unique to you. Interns are matched to engaging placements, where experienced supervisors are prepared to provide guidance, as well as meaningful tasks and objectives. You’ll gain specific sales and client management experience and contribute to growing businesses in Rome.
With such a broad range of placements possible, the exact nature of your internship can vary. Examples of internship activities may include (but aren’t limited to):
- Assisting with direct sales
- Assisting with client and account management
- Creating social media content and managing accounts
- Developing and implementing business development strategies
- Assisting with market studies for regional trade fairs
- Conducting customer and competitor research
- Assisting with marketing and communications campaigns
- Participating in client meetings
- Support for fiscal, administrative and accounting tasks
Please include details of your ideal internship placement in your application, as this will help to customize your internship to best suit your goals. Any requests for specific internship roles are accommodated wherever possible, but are subject to availability.
It is important to note that internships in Rome include mandatory Italian language lessons, which are included within the minimum duration requirement of the internship. While your internship can be conducted in English, interns are encouraged to use the opportunity to practice your Italian skills where possible.
Italian language beginners (levels A1 and A2) are required to complete a four-week Italian language course at an accredited language school in Rome before you start at your internship placement.
Interns with intermediate Italian will complete two weeks of language lessons, prior to commencing the placement. If you have intermediate language skills, please note that you may be asked to provide verification (such as a B1 or B2 level certificate).
Additional language lessons can be arranged in-country, for those who wish to continue classes.
There is a lot to do in your spare time while completing your internship in Italy! Rome is an absolutely fantastic city to explore. Having been inhabited for the last three millennia, it’s brimming with ancient history, including almost 300 fountains and nearly a thousand churches. Not to mention the amazing eateries that will constantly tempt you! Walking tours of the city are highly recommended, as a fun and an interesting way to discover your bearings, along with everything else that the city has to offer. Our team in Rome is incredibly warm and welcoming, so you’ll have excellent support and advice when you’re looking to plan excursions and social activities. Considering that the pizza, pasta and gelato are so good, you’ll appreciate the fact that walking through the city is such enjoyable exercise!
Sales & Account Management interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Assisting with direct sales and client management
- Contributing to business development strategies
- Conducting market research and identifying growth opportunities
- Contributing to marketing material and campaigns
- Managing social media accounts
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn how to manage client relationships
- Build your sales skills
- Build business skills and ability to identify new opportunities
- Develop research and analytical skills
- Learn about social media and digital marketing
- Build Italian language skills in a professional environment
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Develop hands-on business and sales skills in real world environments
- Contribute to the growth of real companies in Italy
- Explore all the attractions of Rome and wider Italy, while enjoying amazing Italian food
Types of host organizations:
- Private companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
Beginner Italian Language Speakers
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
Intermediate Italian Language Speakers
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Rome include mandatory Italian language lessons, which are taken in conjunction with the internship program. Beginners to the Italian language must commit to a minimum duration of at least 8 weeks, which includes a 4-week introductory Italian language course and the remaining weeks in a full time internship placement. Intermediate Italian speakers (B1 or B2 or higher) must commit to a minimum duration of 6 weeks, which includes a 2-week Italian language course and the remaining weeks in a full time internship placement.