Valencia is Spain’s innovation hub, where co-working spaces are homes to dozens of exciting startups and modern businesses. Marketing & Communications interns assist these companies in private, NGO and tech sectors by producing high quality social media, PR, digital and design content that helps to engage audiences and build their brands.
This is an in-country internship conducted in English, with accommodation and meals included. Click here to view the remote version of this internship you can undertake from home.
Marketing & Communications internships in Spain are perfect for creative interns seeking practical experience helping innovative companies to stand out in their space and disrupt their industries. The scope of these internships is very broad, and each placement is customized to suit your own skills and interests. This means you’ll gain highly relevant career experience alongside local professionals working in your field of interest.
Interns collaborate in dynamic teams and contribute to marketing campaigns that promote brands across global markets. You can assist on a range of projects by creating written and visual content, engaging with social networks, advertising agencies and mass media.
The exact role of interns can vary based on the way it is customized for you. Interns can assist in broad areas of digital marketing, graphic design, PR, social media and content creation. If you have an interest in a specific area, please include details in your application. If you have a portfolio of work that illustrates your skills, please also include it.
This internship is conducted in English and Spanish language proficiency is not a requirement to join. However, interns should expect that a language barrier can still be encountered to a certain extent. Interns should be prepared for the very natural and normal frustration of not always understanding what is being said around them. Come prepared and willing to surmount a language barrier (and ask for help when needed), as opposed to being intimidated by it. Bear in mind that internships in Spain include five introductory Spanish language lessons, which are provided during the orientation period. Any additional Spanish language lessons must be coordinated and paid for separately. We encourage all interns to take advantage of the opportunity to learn some Spanish skills during their program (or develop their existing vocabulary).
Valencia is a popular tourist city on Spain’s south-eastern Mediterranean Coast. It’s well known for its historic old town and relaxed way of life. In recent years, Valencia has established itself as a fantastic hub for culture and enterprise. While the city is broadly celebrated for its modern City of Arts and Sciences Museum, it’s an equally desirable destination if you love the outdoors, excellent cuisine and fantastic weather!
Marketing & Communications interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Creating bespoke campaigns to promote the company as a brand in global markets
- Collaborating on enhancing campaign and marketing plans
- Publishing content for different social networks, business platforms and other communications tasks
- Working with the marketing team on e-marketing schemes, programming, graphic design and video editing to name a few specific areas
- Research tasks in industry trends, prospective clients or international expansion
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn from an internationally skilled team of marketing specialists and grow your own knowledge and skills through expert guidance
- Improve your research and analysis skills and your ability to apply these to real world business objectives
- Gain key experience in your field; learning to be adaptable, efficient and reliable when it comes to tasks and projects
- Form an international network and that can boost your opportunities and future profile
- Create original and engaging content for website and social media audiences
- Shoot, edit and produce high quality photos and videos
- Contribute to marketing campaigns that support business growth objectives
- Help to develop marketing and communications strategies
- Learn how to pitch stories to media organizations
- Practice and hone Spanish language skills
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- The schedule can vary depending on the company. Interns are expected to work a full or part time schedule, depending on prior agreements, and will converse with their supervisor about timetable specifics. Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm is a likely schedule.
- Gaining global experience in your field, under the expertise of marketing professionals and growing your business skills
- Support the growth of exciting local companies in Spain
- Enjoy all the attractions of Valencia and wider Spain in your spare time
Types of host organizations:
- Communication agencies
- Marketing and publicity agencies
- Marketing and communication departments in companies from different sectors
- Tourism and events businesses
- Sports related businesses
- Tech companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|2 weeks||2 weeks||$2,209|
|3 weeks||3 weeks||$2,434|
|4 weeks||4 weeks||$2,659|
|5 weeks||5 weeks||$2,884|
|6 weeks||6 weeks||$3,109|
|8 weeks||8 weeks||$3,559|
|10 weeks||10 weeks||$4,009|
|12 weeks||12 weeks||$4,459|
|16 weeks||16 weeks||$5,359|
|20 weeks||20 weeks||$6,259|
|24 weeks||24 weeks||$7,159|
European students who wish to receive Erasmus funding for their internship in Spain are encouraged to apply and outline their specific requirements.