Are you looking for a marketing internship in a specific field, or hoping to build a broad range of communications and business skills? A Marketing internship in South Africa is customized to suit you, and can include sales, brand management, online content, social media marketing, market analytics, research and more. Come ready to be dedicated, proactive, and creative!
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation provided. Click here to explore remote Marketing & Communications internships, which you can do from home.
As a Marketing intern in Cape Town, you’re able to build your skills in a wide range of areas. With a large number of placements available in marketing agencies, NGOs and private companies, your internship role is customized to suit your skills and interests, as well as your study background and the length of your internship.
Many internships within this field focus on media monitoring, research and editorial work. Due to the broad scope of this internship field, a customized approach is taken toward matching each intern to their best placement opportunity. Responsibilities will vary depending on the specific business placement, but a typical list of general activities may include:
- Collaborating on sales strategies and brand management
- Reviewing business analytics to gain enhanced insight into marketing challenges and opportunities
- Providing customer support to clients
- Editing and proofreading activities, for website and/or print copy
- Conducting research duties for market analysis
- Monitoring news outlets and preparing daily updates for staff
- Drafting press releases and other communications documents
- Maintaining internal marketing databases
- Assisting with multimedia production, including video tapings and photo shoots
- Contributing to digital marketing media planning and advertisements
Interns on this Marketing internship in South Africa are encouraged to come with a solid familiarity of social media such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. Previous experience or education in business, marketing or social sciences is desirable but not a requirement for this dynamic internship. More important is a high attention to detail and accuracy, along with the ability to collaborate both independently and within a team. Interns must be prepared to abide by time-sensitive schedules in order to meet marketing project deadlines.
In your spare time in South Africa, there is so much to see and do, which will get your creative juices flowing! The “to do” list includes the beautiful gardens of Kirstenbosch, the trendy Biscuit Mill food market, the excellent shopping at Long Street, and more. You won’t want to miss checking out the largest collection of contemporary African art (on the continent!) at the Zeitz Museum. When you need to stretch your legs even further, the hiking trails around Table Mountain, Lion’s Head, and Signal Hill will allow you to appreciate wonderful views and sunsets. Further afield from the city, you can explore beaches, wineries, or even plan an unforgettable African safari experience.
This internship is conducted in English.
Marketing interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Contributing to marketing and communications campaigns
- Conducting market research to support new strategies
- Writing, editing and proofreading content
- Media monitoring
- Helping to develop and implement marketing and communications strategies
Professional development opportunities:
- Hone your research and media monitoring and reporting skills
- Contribute to marketing and media strategy development and implementation
- Build writing and editing skills
- Gain understanding in producing engaging content for a range of social media platforms
- Develop business analytical skills
- Understand PR requirements, how to build media relationships and pitch stories
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Develop marketing and communications skills in an area of interest to you
- Contribute to real life campaigns for local companies
- Enjoy spare time exploring the unique and eclectic city of Cape Town, and wider South Africa
Types of host organizations:
- Marketing agencies
- Private companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|