Perfect internships for Marketing & Communications students, with opportunities available in a wide range of fields. Interns can focus on advertising, media, branding and more, with customized internships that help to promote brands, products and services both within New Zealand and internationally. Internship placements in New Zealand can be with both for-profit and nonprofit businesses and organizations.
This is an in-country internship, with accommodation included.
As an aspiring marketing and communications professional, your ability to secure a good job can depend on your demonstrated ability to complete certain tasks. On these customized Marketing & Communications internships in New Zealand, you’ll learn practical skills in highly specialized positions to set yourself up for a rewarding and amazing career!
Marketing & Communications internships in New Zealand provide scope for you to align your interests with various focus areas. Whether you’re interested in brand awareness, advertising, journalism, or media creation, your skills can be matched to relevant opportunities. There is broad opportunity to develop transferable skills which can be applied across diverse business environments.
Your specific internship is designed to suit your own skills and interests, meaning you’ll be gaining practical knowledge and experience in a role that suits the career you want to have. Depending on your exact placement and role, internship activities can include (but may not be limited to):
- Preparing and designing marketing media
- Brand promotion and management
- Performing market research and analysis
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Writing copy for articles and/or blogs
- Website development
- Coordinating events
- Managing social media accounts
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Business strategy and change management
- Project management
Marketing & Communications interns should include details of your experience, skills and interests in your application. For example, let us know if you have particular experience or interest in tasks such as copywriting, developing social media content, setting up websites and networking platforms, etc. This information about your strengths and preferences assists our team to provide an excellent internship placement for you. Requests to intern in a specific field will be accommodated wherever possible, though are subject to availability.
All interns should have strong communication skills, including familiarity with social media use, and the ability to work independently.
In your spare time, you’ll be able to explore the cosmopolitan, vibrant city of Auckland. New Zealand is renowned for adventure tourism and incredible environmental diversity - where else could you go surfing and skiing in one day?! Interns with a passion for the environment shouldn’t come to New Zealand without planning to explore the amazing natural landscapes - from glaciers and mountains, to stunning lakes, beaches, native bush and incredible geothermal attractions. From Auckland city, many regions are just a short flight away. Your weekends will be packed with adventure and discovery like never before!
This internship is conducted in English.
Marketing and Communications interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Producing marketing and communications content
- Promoting brands and products
- Developing marketing and communications strategies
- Conducting market research and identifying growth opportunities
- Social media management
- Editing website text for SEO
- Managing projects and events
Professional development opportunities:
- Build an understanding of how to promote specific products and brands
- Contribute content to support campaigns and strategies
- Develop your understanding of social media account management and tools
- Learn and use SEO skills to improve the online visibility of your placement
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Build your skills and experience within a specific field of Marketing & Communications of interest to you
- Learn and use specific techniques to support product marketing and branding
- Enjoy the world famous tourist adventures on offer in New Zealand
Types of host organizations:
- Private companies
- Non-profit organizations
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due no less than 60 days before your internship start date.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
It is important to note that internships in Auckland do not include meals and interns should budget to cover this Independently. Kitchen facilities are provided in all accommodation for independent meal preparation. A NZ$700 accommodation security deposit must be paid in-country but this is fully refundable, subject to inspection of the accommodation upon departure and confirmation that there have been no damages.