Virtual IT internships allow you to gain practical skills from home, while you assist with the technology needs of companies in Prague. Placements are available in businesses ranging from startups to large, multinational firms, offering experience in programming, testing, UX, or other IT specialties of interest to you.
This is a remote internship you can undertake from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad in Prague.
By completing a remote IT internship out of Prague, you’ll be kickstarting your career by getting hands-on experience on real life tech projects. You’ll learn valuable skills, putting your knowledge into practice and contributing to the goals of a local company in the Czech Republic, all while interning remotely.
IT internship placements are personalized for each intern. This means your preferences and goals are taken into account when allocating a host company or organization for your internship. Your placement can be focused on a specific field within IT, or a general role offering broad experience on a wide range of diverse IT projects. You’ll be guided throughout the remote experience by knowledgeable supervisors who’ll provide meaningful tasks and objectives.
Placements are available in companies that operate across a range of different industries, and your exact role will vary based on the needs of each company. Internships can include developing and implementing IT solutions in programming, testing, UX, software development, network infrastructure, cloud platforms, and other essential aspects within the field.
As an IT intern, you’ll be using industry-standard tools and software, gaining familiarity and skills to stand you in good stead for your future career. You’ll be contributing to real project work, understanding how they are run, and learning from experienced IT professionals. Remote interns are in regular contact with supervisors through emails and online meetings to discuss progress, challenges and updates.
All interns are required to submit a portfolio or resume, showcasing your previous work, skills and experience. Your proposed match for the remote internship will not be allocated until this has been received.
This internship is conducted in English.
IT interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Front- and back-end software development
- Website development
- UX/UI design
- Testing and implementing new solutions
- Technical troubleshooting and delivering fixes
- Contributing to IT projects
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn real world uses of industry-leading software and IT tools
- Gain experience delivering IT solutions to support business objectives
- Develop coding skills
- Learn project management skills
- Gain understanding in proper IT testing procedures
- Gain experience in website and UX design
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Prague.
- Gain practical skills in a specific area of IT that appeals to you
- Learn about modern systems and solutions from experienced local professionals
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Large corporations
- Private companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|