Intern with IT companies working on software development projects for a range of different clients. Help with front end and back end development, writing programs and apps, testing web pages, upgrading systems, troubleshooting and learning from experienced developers in New Zealand.
Remote Software Development interns are able to contribute to genuine development projects, under the guidance of experienced local professionals. Interns are placed in small to medium sized companies, contributing their IT development expertise wherever it’s needed.
This is a perfect internship for those looking to gain experience in coding and development. If you’re an aspiring developer who wants to build out your portfolio of real-life work, showcasing the tangible impact your work has had - then this is the internship for you.
The nature of life as a software developer is that your work is based on the needs of different companies and clients. That means your tasks will vary based on the requirements of your placement company at the time of your internship. However, this is an opportunity to gain genuine experience as a software developer, working across multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
Remote Software Development interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Developing front end and back end systems
- Testing pages and tech solutions
- Assessing and developing new program requirements
- Writing programs or technical plans
- Using data structure and algorithms
- Maintaining and upgrading existing pages
- Analyzing information to recommend and plan new systems or modification
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience using a range of software development tools
- Contribute to all aspects of software development, as required
- Collaborate on genuine development projects
- Gain understanding of technical fixes
- Understand different project management strategies
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Virtual interns must manage their own time successfully. You’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in New Zealand.
- Experience the different roles within software development
- Get a genuine insight into the practicalities of software development, with guidance from experienced local professionals
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- IT companies developing software for clients
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|