This is a rare chance to gain accounting experience with Italian accountancy firms operating under European fiscal guidelines. Interns are placed in remote accounting roles with Italian firms, learning a new perspective and assisting with a range of finance and accounting duties. Learn about the Italian fiscal system to diversify your experience, while building skills for remote working that will give your resume a dynamic and international edge.
This is a remote internship that you can conduct from home. Click here to view Finance internships that you can do in-country, if you’d prefer to travel and intern abroad.
Italy’s fiscal and tax system is unique, and very different to that of the United States and other countries around the world. As an Accounting Support intern, you’ll gain first hand understanding of the Italian system, as well as highly relevant day-to-day experience in an accounting role with large businesses.
Virtual interns are matched with accounting firms or with the accounting departments of private companies. These firms provide scope for remote interns to support and learn across a wide range of accounting duties, including:
- Processing and sending client bills
- Learning about the Italian fiscal system and assisting with process taxes for clients
- Completing and sending invoices
- Processing invoices received
- Conducting financial analyses to find savings opportunities for clients
- Analyzing investment opportunities
Virtual interns are required to complete a thorough preparation to be familiar with the Italian Partita doppia system of accounting. This means the Italian Revenue Agency, Agenzia Delle Entrate, is linked into all invoicing procedures to ensure correct taxes are being paid. You’ll need a good understanding of the basics of this system, including the way it deals with taxes, such as VAT.
Interns can prepare for this before your internship starts or at the beginning of your internship, and you’ll be required to demonstrate your knowledge before being given independent tasks, which would be conducted under supervision. This experience is what makes this internship highly valuable, as you’ll learn all about this new and unique accounting system.
As a remote intern, you’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor in Italy through email or online meetings. Your supervisor will help to guide your learning about Italy’s fiscal system and give you feedback on your progress.
Internships are conducted in English. However, it is preferable to have some existing Italian language skills.
International Accounting Support interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Processing invoices, including archiving correctly
- Applying Italian fiscal guidelines in tax and payment analysis
- Assisting with bills and taxes
- Communicating accounting requirements to clients
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain first-hand knowledge learning about the Italian fiscal system
- Apply an international accounting procedure in real life business scenarios
- Gain experience processing bills and invoices
- Assess and process tax requirements
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Italy.
- Learn about a completely new system of accounting
- Gain relevant accounting experience in a realistic international internship
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Accountancy firms
- Finance departments of private companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|