This virtual internship in human rights advocacy supports disadvantaged communities in South Africa. By interning remotely, you’ll gain international career experience, addressing gender equality and migrant rights, and making a real difference to communities most in need.
Remote human rights internships out of South Africa offer genuine advocacy experiences with disadvantaged women, migrants and other communities. Interns can be placed with non-profit organizations, women’s shelters, or refugee and migrant centers, helping to advance the causes of the minority groups they represent.
Participants joining this online internship in human rights play an important role in helping to educate the public, and interns can expect to produce materials that advocate for disadvantaged groups. Interns can assist with research and producing written and other content for manuals and other resources on issues such as xenophobia, racism and gender equality. These resources are distributed in schools and communities to help raise awareness about human rights issues.
Internship tasks will be given at weekly briefings with your supervisor, who is an experienced NGO professional. Those with experience in fundraising and marketing can assist with campaigns, community projects and funding applications.
Human rights advocacy interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Producing content for educational material advocating for disadvantaged people
- Researching human rights issues
- Writing content for human rights resources
- Raising awareness of human rights issues regarding ethnicity, gender, sexuality, immigration and other groups
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain practical knowledge of current women’s, children’s and migrant rights issues in South Africa
- Produce content to educate the public and advance human rights
- Intern alongside experienced human rights advocates
As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor at least once a week, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in South Africa.
- Explore human rights issues affecting people in South Africa and Covid-19’s impact on these issues
- Gain valuable work experience and help raise awareness of human rights issues in disadvantaged communities
- Equip disadvantaged communities with knowledge about their rights to justice
- Work alongside experienced human rights advocates to educate people about their rights
Types of host organizations:
- Non-profit advocacy groups
- Women’s shelters
- Refugee and migrant centers
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|