Build your understanding of workplace health and safety by gaining experience in policy, regulations and implementing preventative measures in Greek businesses in a range of industries. Remote interns develop knowledge in practical aspects of environmental health and safety and experience real work challenges.
This is a remote internship conducted in English that you can undertake from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad.
Remote internships in Occupational and Environmental Health & Safety are available across a range of industries. Interns who wish to gain practical experience have an exciting opportunity to learn from professionals in the field, tackling real-work challenges. You’ll gain practical experience to add to your theoretical understanding, helping to set you up for a rewarding health and safety career!
Virtual Interns are hosted by a consultancy company in Greece which specializes in personalized health and safety and risk management for companies around Athens. They have over 30 years of experience in conducting inspections of health and safety systems. This essential service is designed to improve the operational efficiency of companies and organizations, while reducing hazards and improving the wellbeing of employees. They provide legal support, health and safety training, and conduct analysis to measure potential pollutants.
As a virtual intern, you can gain experience with online tasks related to:
- Strategic and operational level reviews/assessments of health and safety management
- Compliance-based gap analysis
- Workplace risk assessments
- Comprehensive health and safety training
- Senior management health and safety briefings
- Risk management studies and reporting
- Health and safety policy assessment
- Liaising and support with enforcing agencies
As a remote intern, you’ll be in close contact with your supervisor, who is an experienced health and safety expert. Your supervisor will help to mentor you and guide your learning, with regular meetings to provide feedback and updates on your work.
This internship is conducted in English.
Occupational and Environmental Health & Safety interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Participating in health and safety training activities
- Conducting health and safety risk assessments
- Liaising with European Health & Safety enforcement agencies
- Implementing health and safety policies
- Providing administration support
- Assisting with client case studies
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn about occupational and environmental safety within a European context
- Gain consulting experience to increase your understanding of policies and client relations
- Develop an understanding of how risk management assessments can be conducted
- Gain experience with the development of case studies
- Build your health and safety understanding within a range of industries
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Greece.
- Build a practical understanding of occupational health and safety requirements working on real life projects
- Gain industry-standard health and safety knowledge learning from experienced mentors
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Health and safety consultants
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|