This is a great internship for aspiring computer engineers and software developers. Remote interns help to develop a fun interactive e-Learning platform used by tertiary students all over Europe. Interns contribute to a long term project, involved with developing and populating learning courses on Moodle. Stage of development include configuration, GUI, content population and developing plugins.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
E-Learning platforms are becoming increasingly important within both educational and professional institutions. This exciting internship allows you to build your software development skills in a professional environment, while also proving your ability to work remotely from home.
Interns contribute to an ongoing, long-term project to develop and configure e-Learning courses through the Moodle platform. This project is being facilitated by the International Hellenic University in Greece for its students, in conjunction with a professional technical consultancy . The E-Learning project will evolve in stages, and remote interns assist at the particular stage of the project, which coincides at the time of your internship. These stages are:
- Platform configuration
- Platform GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Content population
- Developing or customizing plugins
As a remote intern, you’ll play an important role in developing a web-based E-Learning platform that delivers an educational curriculum in a fun and interactive way. You’ll build your software development skills, particularly on Moodle, and gain experience designing data acquisition code to promote connectivity to different devices.
Remote interns can help to deliver new modules, or improve and add functionality to existing ones. The project material can include a wide range of subjects, and you’ll have precise guidance on the specifications of each project.
While a basic understanding of computer engineering is required for this remote internship, you should also come prepared to express fresh ideas and have the ability to implement them across emerging technologies such as smart systems, IoT measurements, and remote monitoring.
As a remote intern, you’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor through email and online meetings. You’ll be expected to work collaboratively with the local team to develop integrated solutions that deliver on the educational requirements of each specific curriculum.
This internship is conducted in English.
E-Learning Platform Development interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Moodle integration, configuration and development
- Web content development
- Designing real-time data acquisition code to connect the Moodle platform to IoT devices
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain insight into modern high-tech engineering techniques
- Learn from experienced computer engineers
- Develop diverse engineering experience related to software and hardware integration of remote systems
- Develop understanding on Moodle configuration and integrations
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Greece.
- Gain hands-on experience engineering solutions on e-learning platforms
- Develop integration skills for a range of IoT devices
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Technical consulting companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|