Hands-on remote internships in the Internet of Things, offering exclusive skills and learning in a highly specified IT field. Virtual interns develop apps for collecting remote data from IoT devices, such as sensors and measurement systems in the maritime and agriculture industries.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
If you’re looking for a real-world experience which involves compiling data through IoT devices, this internship will be perfect for you. However, if you’re looking for an IoT internship that leverages AR and VR technologies, check out the Augmented & Virtual Reality Remote Internships.
The “Internet of Things” describes devices such as sensors, software and other technologies that connect with other devices and systems through the internet. It is a fast-growing specialist field within IT, and one that can be hard to break into without prior experience. On this remote internship, you’ll gain highly relevant skills that are specific to IoT, providing you with hands-on career experience that will make your resume stand out.
On this internship, interns collaborate remotely with an international consortium of educational and industry partners working through universities in Greece. You’ll be contributing to ongoing projects that improve IoT data acquisition and implementing IoT techniques for industrial applications. Examples of IoT techniques may include the use of smart devices/sensors and NI LabVIEW / C++ or Python programming in maritime and/or agricultural applications.
Remote internship activities are related to software development, testing, de-bugging, and interfacing with hardware. The nature of your tasks will depend on the stage that current projects are at when you commence your internship, but can include:
- Interfacing with IoT hardware
- Data acquisition and analysis
- Development of software visualisation tools
As a remote intern, you’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor, who is an experienced IoT developer in Greece. Your supervisor will help to guide your work, and provide feedback and instruction to help cement your learning.
This internship is conducted in English.
Internet of Things interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Analyzing problems to develop solutions involving computer hardware and software
- Acquiring data from sensor networks and remote control of devices (e.g. in order to compile information for the development of condition monitoring and predictive maintenance of machinery)
- Developing user interfaces (e.g. to display data and information for users, which will help them to interface with equipment)
Professional development opportunities:
- Develop your understanding of the Internet of Things
- Apply theoretical expertise and innovation to create or apply new technologies
- Gain increased familiarity with information technology and software, such as IoT sensors and smart devices
- Understand how professional tests and comparisons are conducted
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Greece.
- Gain experience by working with an international diverse consortium of engineering companies and research institutions
- Build your network with professional engineers around the world
- Gain hands-on involvement with state of the art IoT systems
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Technical consulting companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|