An exciting internship for software developers. Remote interns collaborate with experienced IT professionals working with state-of-the-art engineering software to develop virtual educational tools and other tools that enable the new era of distance working and working from home.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
As a Laboratory Software Development intern, you’ll gain hands-on knowledge building and developing virtual laboratories for students at an international university in Greece. You’ll be collaborating with a team of experienced developers as you help to build a modern educational environment that appeals to students, is easy for academic staff to operate, and supports educational curriculums.
Software Development interns focus on developing engineering exercises for a virtual laboratory platform, which are accessed online. The purpose of these exercises is to provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills, as if they were in a physical laboratory performing the same experiment.
The development of virtual exercises is done using a range of different software tools such LabVIEW, Python or C++. Interns can gain experience in both front-end and back-end development, and you can customize your internship to focus on areas of interest to you.
Interns are able to contribute fresh ideas, which can be implemented through traditional and/or emerging technologies. A range of topic areas are covered within the virtual labs, from introductory courses on electric circuits, to advanced courses on electromobility.
Tasks for remote interns can include:
- Studying experiments that are to be included in the virtual lab
- Developing and implementing virtual exercises
- Recording instructions/guidelines for virtual exercises, which can be used by students
As a remote intern, you’ll be guided by an experienced software developer. Your supervisor will be in regular contact to assist you with your progress and provide feedback/updates on project tasks.
This internship is conducted in English.
Laboratory Software Development interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Developing online educational platforms for virtual university students
- Back-end and/or front-end development
- Testing and optimizing exercises
- Applying aspects of educational curriculums to online laboratories
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience using modern software development tools such as LabVIEW, Python or C++
- Develop project management experience as you contribute to ongoing development projects
- Contribute to development of an online educational platform
- Develop UX experience for users and administrators
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Greece.
- Gain hands-on development experience building a modern online educational tool
- Develop familiarity and skills using industry standard software development tools
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- An international university
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|