Covid-19 Psychological Support
Gain practical career experience related to psychological support services, tailored for people suffering from mental issues resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic. Hosted out of India, remote interns are guided and instructed by a highly established and experienced Clinical Psychologist and HR Interventionist, who serves as Head Counsellor at an Indian Institute of Counselling.
- Gain highly relevant experience related to managing Covid-19 related psychological concerns
- Gain practical career experience from home without having to travel
- Gain mentorship from an established and reputable Psychologist, who is working at the forefront of managing the psychological impact of Covid-19 in India
Type of host organizations:
- Institute of Counselling
Gain practical career experience related to psychological support services, tailored for people suffering from mental issues resulting from the Covid-19 pandemic. Hosted out of India, remote interns are guided and instructed by a highly established and experienced Clinical Psychologist and HR Interventionist, who serves as Head Counsellor at an Indian Institute of Counselling. This Covid-19 Psychological Support internship is focused on coping strategies for people who are working remotely or who have lost employment as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. The center also provides counselling to Covid-19 patients, their families and healthcare staff.
This is a remote internship you can undertake virtually from home. Click here to view in-country Psychology internships, if you would prefer to intern abroad.
The psychological impact of Covid-19 is devastating and far-reaching. Stress and anxiety caused by isolation, loss of income, financial insecurity, fear and bereavement can trigger new mental health conditions or exacerbate underlying issues. The psychological impact of the Covid-19 pandemic can also lead to issues such as increased domestic violence, alcohol abuse, or other harmful conditions. On this psychology internship, interns with a background in Psychology and Social Work gain pertinent experience by remotely assisting an Indian based Institute of Counselling that specializes in:
- Career guidance and counselling
- Learning difficulties solutions
- Personal and teenage counselling
- Clinical diagnostic testing
- Outreach training programs
- Corporate services
Remote interns receive guidance from their supervisor to develop specific insights into the psychological services necessary to support those struggling with the broad impacts of Covid-19.
Relevant supervisors hold the following degrees:
- MA in Clinical Psychology, PGDM in Career Development, Group Psychological Tests, Contemporary Psychotherapies, Psychopathology, Personality Psychology, Micro Counseling & Counseling techniques.
- PhD in Human Development and Family Studies, M.A. in Human Development and Family Counseling, Diploma in Counseling, Diploma in Criminal Psychology and MBA.
If you have academic requirements which stipulate the type of qualification your internship supervisor must have, please let us know in advance.
Covid-19 Psychological Support interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
Interview senior and junior staff at hospitals dealing with a high number of Covid-19 patients to learn about their difficulties during the time of the pandemic.
Develop educational materials for employers, supporting junior and senior staff about how to mentally cope with difficult situations.
Interview Covid-19 patients and their family members and discussing observations of mental issues and therapeutic approaches with your supervisor.
Professional development opportunities:
Gain an understanding of mental health issues related to a pandemic and their effect on individuals, companies and society.
Develop strategies and advice related to coping with Covid-19 related mental health issues
Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
”As an intern my role included interacting with professionals and gaining insight from their experiences and knowledge. Collaborating with my supervisor and fellow interns to complete assignments. Observe mental health counseling sessions with clients and write reports. Monitor career counseling meetings between parents and career counselors.”
Read reviews from our India InternsRead more reviews
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- Academic credit facilitation
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
Get inspired with these related intern success stories & guidesRead more inspiring stories
Other internships you may be interested in
Clinical Psychology out of India
Developmental Psychology out of India
Introduction to Counseling Skills out of India
Organizational Psychology with HR & Career Counseling out of India
Child & Youth Mental Health out of Jamaica
Psychology out of Spain