This online internship in civil engineering allows you to contribute to real construction projects in Tanzania virtually from home, assisting engineers on all stages of roading, structural, civil, geotechnical or environmental tasks.
This is a remote internship conducted in English that you can conduct from home.
The construction industry in Tanzania is booming, and this virtual engineering internship offers the chance to be involved in a range of projects at various stages. Remote internships out of Africa involve working in challenging climate and cultural conditions, and engineering interns can have practical experience with engineering companies in both Dar es Salaam and the capital city, Arusha.
As an online engineering intern, you can help with projects from highways and roads, to bridges, hydraulics, geotechnical, structural and environmental engineering. Opportunities to intern with civil engineers, professional architects, and project managers mean this is a chance to get real-life experience to help set up your engineering career.
Virtual engineering interns can gain highly relevant experience in project management, stakeholder management, and using engineering software. You can get involved in assisting with AutoCAD designs, proposal and report writing, doing supplier research, making architectural renderings, preparing project presentations with visualizations, making client offers, and preparing project budgets.
Your duties on a remote engineering internship will always depend on what stage different projects are at, so a flexible mindset and willingness to contribute to any task will help to maximize your experience.
Remote internships out of Tanzania are conducted in English.
Civil engineering interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Assisting roading, hydraulics, geotechnical, structural or environmental engineering projects
- Project management
- Stakeholder management
- Using engineering software
- Report writing
- Making archutectural renderings
- Preparing project presentations
- Making client offers
- Preparing project budgets
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain practical work experience in project management
- Learn how to deal with the many stakeholders such as clients, authorities and suppliers involved in large construction projects
- Learn about the specific engineering requirements resulting from challenging climate and geological conditions
- Use industry-standard engineering software
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
- Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work. Details to be discussed with your supervisor.
- Experience in various stages of ongoing civil engineering projects
- Learn about the specific requirements of construction in tropical climates, along coasts and in the East African rift valley with its active tectonic processes
- Work with professional civil engineers, architects and project managers
- Understand relevant software such as AutoCAD
- Gain practical career experience from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Civil engineering companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|