Remote internships in civil engineering out of Tanzania contribute to actual construction projects all around the country. Intern with engineers on all stages of roading, structural, civil, geotechnical or environmental projects, assisting with a booming construction industry operating in unique African conditions.
- Experience in various stages of ongoing civil engineering projects
- Learn about the specific requirements of construction in tropical climates, along coasts and in the East African rift valley with its active tectonic processes
- Work with professional civil engineers, architects and project managers
- Understand relevant software such as AutoCAD
- Gain practical career experience from home without having to travel
Type of host organizations:
- Civil engineering companies
This online internship in civil engineering allows you to contribute to real construction projects in Tanzania virtually from home, assisting engineers on all stages of roading, structural, civil, geotechnical or environmental tasks.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home. Click here to view our Engineering internships that you can do in-country, if you’d prefer to travel and intern abroad.
The construction industry in Tanzania is booming, and this virtual engineering internship offers the chance to be involved in a range of projects at various stages. Remote internships out of Africa involve working in challenging climate and cultural conditions, and engineering interns can have practical experience with engineering companies in both Dar es Salaam and the capital city, Arusha.
As an online engineering intern, you can help with projects from highways and roads, to bridges, hydraulics, geotechnical, structural and environmental engineering. Opportunities to intern with civil engineers, professional architects, and project managers mean this is a chance to get real-life experience to help set up your engineering career.
Virtual engineering interns can gain highly relevant experience in project management, stakeholder management, and using engineering software. You can get involved in assisting with AutoCAD designs, proposal and report writing, doing supplier research, making architectural renderings, preparing project presentations with visualizations, making client offers, and preparing project budgets.
Your duties on a remote engineering internship will always depend on what stage different projects are at, so a flexible mindset and willingness to contribute to any task will help to maximize your experience.
Remote internships out of Tanzania are conducted in English.
Engineering interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
Assisting roading, hydraulics, geotechnical, structural or environmental engineering projects
Using engineering software
Making archutectural renderings
Preparing project presentations
Making client offers
Preparing project budgets
Professional development opportunities:
Gain practical work experience in project management
Learn how to deal with the many stakeholders such as clients, authorities and suppliers involved in large construction projects
Learn about the specific engineering requirements resulting from challenging climate and geological conditions
Use industry-standard engineering software
Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence
”As an intern who completed a remote internship at my host organization, I found the experience to be empowering and valuable. The remote internship contributed toward my long-term goals by providing hands-on experience and exposure to the industry. Through this role, I had the opportunity to work on real projects, to interact with industry professionals, and gained a deeper understanding of the field.”
Read reviews from our Tanzania InternsRead more reviews
Academic credit available for all internships
Gain course credit from your college or university and meet your academic requirements when completing an internship abroad or remote internship program with Intern Abroad HQ.Learn about course credit
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- Academic credit facilitation
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.