Help to promote the invaluable work of NGOs in Croatia by creating websites, designing marketing materials and editing videos and photos. These design internships are suited to creative interns with graphic design and IT skills, wanting to gain real-world experience in digital marketing, website development or editing. Boost your creative portfolio and make a difference to underprivileged communities in Split.
This is a remote internship you can conduct virtually from home.
Website & Graphic Design interns in Croatia are hosted remotely by NGOs that support various underprivileged communities, such as the elderly, immigrants, disabled individuals, and women from disadvantaged backgrounds. These NGOs have limited funding for website development and marketing. Virtual design interns help these valuable organizations to advance their missions, by improving public relations, contributing to marketing, and enhancing the fundraising initiatives that support the NGO’s endeavors.
Interns are matched with NGOs which have experiential learning opportunities available, within the field of graphic and web design. The exact nature of your internship and the activities you’ll be doing depend on your current level of experience and skills. You will discuss your specific areas of interest and the needs of your placement NGO with your supervisor and design the scope of your role. Some of the typical projects that virtual interns can become involved with include:
Production of marketing materials
Creative interns with a good understanding of marketing, branding or graphic design can play an important role in developing and improving marketing materials that enable the NGOs to engage wider audiences. You’ll help to design and develop campaign materials, posters, banners, flyers and other print material.
Video editing and photography
Many NGOs in Croatia do not have quality photos or videos, that can make a huge difference in widening their message in the community. By helping to edit and produce various videos and photos for websites, social media and other marketing materials, interns help NGOs to gain the attention of larger audiences and communicate important messages or educational material.
As a design intern working remotely, you’ll need to exhibit strong self-management, be proactive in identifying areas of improvement, and creative in executing new ideas. You’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor via online meetings to exchange feedback, discuss ideas, gain cultural insight, and receive guidance and updates on your internship role.
This internship is conducted in English.
Website & Graphic Design interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Designing and upgrading NGO websites
- Producing marketing materials such as posters, flyers, banners and newsletters
- Editing and producing videos and photos
Professional development opportunities:
- Develop and improve online and offline marketing resources
- Create compelling and engaging videos and/or photos
- Gain website development experience
- Gain understanding about marketing for NGOs
- Learn about disadvantaged communities and how NGOs advance their causes
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Croatia.
- Develop and implement NGO marketing strategies in areas of your own interest
- Support disadvantaged people in Croatia while you gain career skills
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Croatian NGO’s
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|