Gain hands-on experience in journalism and media by contributing to popular Irish community-based radio stations, websites, podcasts or blogs as a remote journalist, designer, digital marketer or content contributor. Learn from industry professionals and develop content that celebrates diversity and multiculturalism in Ireland.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home.
If you’re studying journalism or media and looking to gain relevant experience collaborating with other energetic students, then this is a great internship for you. Journalism and Media interns contribute content to student radio stations and websites that entertain and inform audiences all across Ireland.
You’ll be placed with local media organizations that aim to keep listeners up to date with the latest news, stories, competitions, events and entertainment. Interns participating remotely contribute to this mission by bringing energy, ideas and creativity.
As an intern, you’ll gain insight into the professional operation of a digital media platform, writing articles and producing content in areas of entertainment, travel, lifestyle, college life and more. You can bring your own ideas and use your initiative to research up-to-date and engaging topics for young audiences.
Interns are able to contribute content that celebrates cultural diversity and encourages minority communities to feel welcome and included in Ireland. This can include contributing to podcasts, radio shows, foreign language discussions and websites with written, spoken and musical content. You can also assist with the station’s digital marketing and web design, helping to expand the reach of its content and engage a wider audience, or in sales or general administration departments.
As a remote intern, you’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor both online and through video meetings to discuss tasks, collaborate on ideas and provide updates on ongoing projects.
This internship is conducted in English.
Journalism & Media interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Researching, writing and editing blogs and news articles
- Pitching stories for local and multi-cultural audiences
- Contributing to radio and podcast discussions
- Digital marketing
- Web design and SEO
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain experience researching and writing articles that appeal to a local audience
- Understand how to creatively pitch and produce your own content ideas
- Gain digital marketing experience in both design and SEO
- Represent different cultures through media and understand cultural issues
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Ireland.
- Contribute your own original content to popular websites and radio stations
- Collaborate with a vibrant team of fellow journalists.
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Radio stations
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|