Develop real-world digital marketing and communications skills by collaborating with local professionals in marketing agencies, PR companies and NGOs in Italy. Remote marketing interns help to create original online and social media content, develop and implement communications plans and work with influencers to grow brand awareness.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad in Italy.
Conducting a virtual internship in communications and digital marketing is a great way to develop your skills and knowledge in the industry, and participating remotely allows you to gain professional international experience without having to leave home.
On this Communications & Digital Marketing internship, your placement in Italy is customized to suit your skills and interests within this broad industry. Interns can be placed in marketing agencies, PR companies or NGOs that support a wide range of communities across Italy. You’ll gain hands-on experience designing and delivering marketing campaigns that support business and growth objectives in a range of ways.
The exact nature of your internship duties will vary based on the needs of your placement, which can include working in fashion, food, travel and non-profit industries. Your tasks can include (but are not limited to):
- Editing and creating videos for websites and social media
- Researching product and business development opportunities
- Writing content for marketing campaigns, websites and social media
- Media liaison and public relations
- Conducting and promoting crowdfunding campaigns
- Finding and implementing influencer relationships
- Participating in virtual fairs or client meetings
As a remote intern, you’ll work to an agreed schedule and be in regular contact with your local supervisor through emails and online meetings.
This internship is conducted in English. However, interns with Italian language abilities will have the opportunity to practice these.
Communications & Digital Marketing interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Creating engaging blogs, social media posts and videos that raise awareness and brand recognition
- Developing and implementing growth strategies
- Contributing to ongoing marketing projects that support business objectives
- Writing press releases and arranging media opportunities
- Conducting fundraisers through online and traditional platforms
- Utilizing influencer marketing opportunities in new and existing markets
Professional development opportunities:
- Hone content creation, writing and video editing skills
- Learn about digital marketing strategies, tools and campaigns
- Understand how to engage audiences with original content on a range of platforms
- Build communication skills as a remote intern from home
- Build your professional network of colleagues and partners
- Understand how to pitch story opportunities to media
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Companies usually work Monday to Friday during normal office hours. However, as a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor at least once a week, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Italy.
- Contribute to real world marketing and communications campaigns
- Learn hands-on digital marketing techniques in a range of different industries
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Marketing and communication agencies
- PR companies
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
Program Fee (USD)
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||$1,648|
- Dedicated support before, during, and after your internship
- Sourcing and securing your internship placement
- Personalization of your internship plan
- Orientation and coaching with your supervisor
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter
- Certificate of Internship Completion
- A deposit of $449 USD is required to secure your internship
- Balance of your Program Fee is due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
- All payments attract a 5% transaction fee to cover international banking fees and currency charges.
- International wire transfer payments attract a minimum fee of $75 USD.
- Terms and Conditions apply.