Italy is a hugely influential market in the fashion world, and these internships offer unique experience and insight into the fashion industry. Virtual interns support brands, designers and showrooms by creating digital content such as blogs, social media posts, videos and photographs to engage domestic and global audiences.
This is a remote internship you can conduct from home. Click here to view the in-country version of this internship if you would prefer to intern abroad in Italy.
Fashion can be an extremely hard industry to break into. This Fashion Marketing internship out of Italy will give you practical skills and real life experience that can kickstart your career and make your resume stand out in a competitive field. If you’re a creative marketer who’s passionate about the fashion industry and wants hands-on work experience, this is the internship for you.
As a remote intern on this Fashion Marketing internship, you’ll support designers, photographers, brands and showrooms in Italy by creating engaging content that improves the visibility of their products and helps to shape their influence in the market. You’ll help to engage audiences with original blogs, interviews, videos, photos and other online content in line with current fashion trends. Interns can produce content about particular garments or accessories, fashion trends, models and VIPs that appeal to your placement’s target audience.
Internships are customized based on your own skills and interests, and you’ll be placed with a company that has a need for your particular area of interest. The exact nature of your internship will vary, but tasks can include:
- Social media management, including content creation
- Photo and video editing for websites and magazines
- Conducting market research to identify fashion and marketing trends
- Organizing photos, campaigns or other content in fashion portfolios
Interns will be well guided by your supervisor on how to market certain products, fashion lines or new trends. Often your supervisor will have a specific vision for what’s required and you’ll be expected to meet a certain brief. Interns with relevant expertise or experience are likely to have more creative freedom.
Regardless of your previous fashion experience, you’ll gain new knowledge about marketing and working in the fashion industry, build your network of local fashion professionals in a range of fields and gain valuable work experience to really make your resume stand out.
This internship is conducted in English. However, interns with Italian language abilities will have the opportunity to practice these.
Fashion Marketing interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Developing brand strategies and marketing campaign ideas
- Creating content about specific products, garments and fashion lines
- Conducting interviews with VIPs about certain products
- Editing photos and videos
- Managing social media accounts
- Researching fashion trends, brands and competitors
- Delivering marketing content to support ongoing projects
Professional development opportunities:
- Develop your creativity producing original and engaging content
- Gain understanding about contemporary fashion trends in Italy
- Gain experience in how to market fashion products on websites and social media
- Hone your photo and video editing skills
- Develop communication skills as a remote intern
- Build your network of fashion professionals in Italy
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- Companies usually work Monday to Friday during normal office hours. However, as a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor at least once a week, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Italy.
- Gain valuable marketing experience in the fashion industry
- Collaborate with experienced fashion professionals and understand modern trends
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Fashion showrooms
- Fashion brands
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|