Use your graphic design and IT skills to create websites, design marketing materials and develop videos and other content for Portuguese NGOs. These internships are perfect for creative interns looking to gain experience in digital marketing, web development or video editing. Your work will promote impactful NGOs online, allowing them to deepen their support of disadvantaged communities.
This is a remote internship you can conduct virtually from home.
As a Marketing & Web Design intern in Portugal, you’ll be placed with a local NGO that is seeking to improve its online marketing. Many NGOs in Portugal do not have websites or utilize modern approaches to digital marketing, so interns play an valuable role in developing contemporary communication and marketing materials that enable these NGOs to raise funds, showcase their work and continue assisting disadvantaged people in the community.
Placements are available in NGOs that support elderly, disabled, immigrant or other underprivileged communities.
Within the broad scope of marketing and web design, virtual interns will be assigned activities which are aligned with their strengths and abilities. The areas of focus that can be expected on this internship include (but may not be limited to) the following:
Interns build or update websites to improve their content, upgrade features, improve usability or better reflect the work the NGO is doing in the community. Websites should also encourage visitors to donate to the NGO’s cause, so interns may support marketing efforts and initiatives related to fundraising campaigns.
You will also collaborate with local staff to teach them how their website is set up, empowering them to keep it optimized and maintained after your internship is completed. Remote interns should be prepared to conduct a thorough “handover to staff,= to ensure continuity of impact.
Production of marketing materials
Creative interns with marketing, graphic design or branding expertise can assist your NGO by designing and developing digital and online campaign materials, including posters, banners, flyers and newsletters. This material will support fundraising campaigns and other initiatives that maximize the NGO’s visibility and advocate for the people it supports.
You’ll collaborate closely with local staff to ensure material is appealing and visually attractive. They will also provide guidance to ensure that any content is appropriately communicated, considering their audience, key messages, and NGO mission statement.
Video editing and photography
Interns with video or photo editing skills are highly sought after for their ability to add to digital marketing campaigns, websites and social media profiles. You’ll edit and produce high quality videos and images that tell the stories of your NGO and publicize the work it’s doing.
As well as producing creative imagery, interns provide strategic marketing advice, helping to identify marketing opportunities for both online and offline channels. You’ll be in regular contact with your supervisor via online meetings to give feedback, guidance and updates on your work.
As an intern in Marketing & Web Design, you’re encouraged to be proactive and creative in identifying areas of improvement. You’ll collaborate with local staff to ensure your work accurately reflects the work the NGO is doing, and remains respectful of the communities it supports.
This internship is conducted in English.
Marketing & Web Design interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Designing and improving websites for NGOs
- Producing high quality marketing material such as posters, flyers, banners and newsletters
- Editing and producing videos and photos
- Advising on marketing content strategies
Professional development opportunities:
- Gain practical, hands-on experience designing marketing content
- Develop new online marketing resources for NGOs
- Create compelling and engaging videos and photos
- Gain experience of marketing for NGOs
- Learn about factors leading to inequalities and how NGOs work to address them
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Portugal.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies in an NGO
- Create a compelling marketing portfolio of online and offline resources
- Support disadvantaged people in Portugal while you gain career skills
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Portuguese NGO’s
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|