This remote internship in sales and fundraising offers the opportunity to develop sales experience by helping NGOs gain access to valuable support and resources, particularly using online methods such as crowdfunding and e-commerce. Interns identify and implement fundraising initiatives and campaigns, assisting NGOs to develop and support communities in Croatia.
This is a remote internship you can conduct virtually from home.
If you’re an aspiring sales professional looking to gain real-life experience that helps disadvantaged communities, then this is the internship for you. Fundraising plays a crucial role in the long-term success and survival of nonprofits, and dedicated sales representatives can make a huge difference in enabling NGOs in Croatia to support vulnerable people. Utilizing skills related to communications, public relations and marketing also contribute to this internship role. If you have relevant studies and/or experience in these areas, this internship can help you to learn more about the operation of non-profit / non-government organizations, their challenges, and required strategies for success.
As an intern, you’ll be placed in an NGO that works on the front line of helping a specific community - whether it’s immigrants, disabled people, the elderly or many others. Your role will be to help that NGO gain access to as much funding as possible through a range of online and offline means. You may also support ongoing outreach to previous donors to maintain relationships and provide updates about the successes of the organization.
Virtual interns run online fundraising campaigns, telling stories of people in the community your NGO represents and encouraging donations and support from people all over the world. You’ll use your creativity to attract new donors, identify and approach potential sponsors, write compelling fundraising communications and co-ordinate crowdfunding campaigns.
Interns can also run e-commerce fundraisers. This involves selling arts and crafts or other wares made by people within your NGOs community, or corporate packages from sponsors, including tours or experiences. Interns develop a database of goods and other items for sale, using your website skills to set up an online store or auction, and marketing the fundraiser through social media and other digital channels.
Interns also need to keep good records of items that have been sold and the amount of funds raised. As well as developing practical sales skills, creativity and writing ability, your remote internship will be contributing to the organization’s mission, supporting the wellbeing of under-resourced communities in Croatia.
This internship is conducted in English.
Sales and Fundraising interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Developing and implementing online fundraising campaigns
- Social media and digital marketing
- Establishing e-commerce platforms
- Corresponding with existing and new donors, sponsors and grant providers
Professional development opportunities:
- Learn how to share compelling stories of disadvantaged people in a responsible way
- Gain experience running fundraising campaigns for NGOs and understand the challenges involved
- Establish, run and promote e-commerce fundraisers
- Develop relationship management skills
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Croatia.
- Make a difference to disadvantaged people as you gain career experience
- Build sales experience approaching people and businesses all over the world
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Croatian NGOs
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|
|100 hours (3 weeks full time, or 5 weeks part time)||100 hour options||$948|
|250 hours (8 weeks full time, or 12 weeks part time)||250 hour options||$1,348|
|350 hours (13 weeks full time, or 17 weeks part time)||350 hour options||$1,648|