Working remotely on this sales internship, you’ll help under-funded NGOs with fundraising by finding sponsors, applying for grants and selling goods. Interns develop and implement fundraising campaigns and carry out vital work that enables NGOs to support disadvantaged people in Portugal.
This is a remote internship you can conduct virtually from home.
Sales and fundraising interns play a crucial role in the long-term survival of nonprofit NGOs that provide vital support services to disadvantaged communities in Portugal. These NGOs rely on external funding to survive, and this can be unreliable and inconsistent.
As an intern working remotely, you’ll be proactive in identifying and approaching local businesses, public organizations, individuals and potential sponsors, with the goal of securing funding for your NGO. This also includes promoting the NGO to help them gain increased visibility in the community, usually by contributing to social media campaigns that inform the public about their cause.
Interns learn about accessible fundraising such as crowd-finding and online campaigns that enable donors from all over the world to contribute to worthy organizations. You can develop and implement online campaigns using original and compelling content that encourage people to help to fund your NGO.
You can also implement and utilize e-commerce platforms to sell goods that raise money. Interns research the best online platforms to sell products made by the beneficiaries of NGOs, such as elderly people, those with disabilities, immigrants or disadvantaged children. You’ll help to create online profiles for these people and start the sales process, as well as creating online records of sales and earnings.
This internship is ideal for energetic, caring individuals who are looking to gain hands-on fundraising experience and want to help organizations that support those who are disadvantaged. You’ll learn about online fundraising and practice sales techniques that make a real difference to communities within Portugal.
This internship is conducted in English.
Sales and Fundraising interns learn from a qualified and experienced supervisor, and can be involved in:
- Designing and implementing online fundraising campaigns
- Social media marketing
- Establishing e-commerce platforms
Professional development opportunities:
- Understand contributing factors and needs of community development projects in Portugal
- Learn how to overcome fundraising challenges
- Gain experience running online fundraising campaigns
- Set up, configure and promote e-commerce activities
- Gain practical skills and boost your employability, with guidance from Intern Abroad HQ’s Experiential Learning Curriculum to support your learning and cultural intelligence.
- As a remote intern, you’ll have the flexibility to work to a schedule that suits both you and your supervisor. Your schedule will need to accommodate online meetings with your supervisor when it’s required, so there will be times where you’ll need to be available during office hours in Portugal.
- Support disadvantaged people as you gain career experience
- Learn sales and fundraising techniques both online and in person
- Gain international work experience while interning remotely from home without having to travel
Types of host organizations:
- Portuguese NGO’s
Keen to get started?
Taking the first step is easy! It is free to apply and takes just 5 minutes.Submit an application
It’s free to apply for this internship. Once we have reviewed your suitability and accepted you onto this program, you’ll need to pay a deposit of US$449 to confirm your place. The remaining balance of your Program Fee (less your initial US$449 deposit payment) will be due within 7 days of being assigned a placement.
|Internship Duration||Program Fee (USD)|