Clemson University - International Internship Program
What are your plans for Summer 2024? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop both personally and professionally, while exploring the amazing world around you, earning academic credit, and making meaningful cross-cultural connections? Look no further!
In partnership with Clemson University, Intern Abroad HQ invites you to participate in an international internship from June 2 - July 28, 2024.
Over the course of eight weeks in the Czech Republic, Ireland, or Spain, you’ll have the opportunity to gain global experience, expand your horizons, and develop important skills to advance your career. We offer high quality international experiences that help Clemson students explore a career field that best suits their interests, skills, and field of study.
International Internship Program Dates:
June 2 - July 28, 2024
Clemson’s International Internship Program provides an opportunity to gain valuable work experience in your target field while experiencing another culture. Being immersed in a work setting abroad provides a different level of international experience than you get from a traditional study abroad program. Internships are full-time for 8 weeks. A professional development course accompanies the internship. All course components are completed online and will help you leverage your internship experience back in the US when you are conducting your first job search.
Summer 2024 - Clemson International Internships:
|Destination||Internship||Relevant Clemson College|
|Prague, Czech Republic||Business & Commerce||The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business|
|Business Administration||The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business|
|Design||College Of Architecture, Art And Construction|
|IT||College Of Engineering, Computing And Applied Sciences|
|Marketing||The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business|
|Dublin, Ireland||Education Administration||College Of Education|
|Hospitality & Hotel Management||College Of Behavioral, Social And Health Sciences|
|Sales & Marketing||The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business|
|Tourism Operations||College Of Behavioral, Social And Health Sciences|
|Valencia, Spain||Architecture||College Of Architecture, Art And Construction|
|Business Development||The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business|
|Cultural Arts & Heritage||College Of Architecture, Art And Construction|
|Engineering||College Of Engineering, Computing And Applied Sciences|
|Finance||The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business|
|Graphic & Web Design||College Of Architecture, Art And Construction|
|IT||College Of Engineering, Computing And Applied Sciences|
|Legal Practice||College Of Education|
|Marketing & Communications||The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business|
|NGO Support & Community Health||College of Science, College Of Behavioral, Social And Health Sciences|
|Psychology||College Of Behavioral, Social And Health Sciences|
|Sales & Trade||The Wilbur O. and Ann Powers College of Business|
|Tourism & Hospitality||College Of Behavioral, Social And Health Sciences|
|Veterinary & Animal Care||College of Science, College Of Agriculture, Forestry And Life Sciences|
|Youth Development & Education||College Of Education|
Eligibility and Coursework:
Students should be in good academic standing with the university and meet a minimum 2.5 GPA at time of application.
INT 3010 - International Internship & Professional Development Course
*Counts as a Global Challenges general education requirement
The accompanying course for the international internship program is INT 3010. This course focuses on developing skills that students can leverage in their job search once they return to the US. Sample job application materials and mock interview exercises -introduced and critiqued by faculty – will be used to support student learning. The majority of coursework is completed online.
MBA Corporate Global Internship
Full-time MBAc students will register for MBA 8880 - International Internship (6 credit hours), fulfilling the internship requirement for those with fewer than two years of work experience. The course consists of 8 weeks abroad and a final presentation upon return. Students will focus on core competencies, including professionalism, leadership and communication, while navigating a new global mindset. Course assignments will include an initial proposal, weekly discussion modules, mid-point and final reviews by the employer and a mid-point paper by the student. Students will be asked to reflect on accomplishments, challenges and personal goals in a final presentation back at Greenville ONE in August.
- Prague, Czech Republic - $3,450 - $5,200
- Dublin, Ireland - $4,875 - $6,600
- Valencia, Spain - $4,250 - $6,000
- Detailed country guide and pre-departure resources
- Airport pick up and program orientation
- Private or twin-share room in student accommodation or apartment (Czech Republic, Ireland) or private room in homestay (Ireland, Spain)
- Customized internship placement and supervision
- Dedicated support before, during and after your internship
- Documented portfolio of your experiential learnings
- International reference letter and Certificate of Internship Completion
- Meals (Spain, Ireland - if in a homestay)
- Five introductory language lessons (Spain, Czech Republic)
- Clemson University academic credit
What’s not included:
- Visa (if required), flights, travel insurance (mandatory), vaccinations, criminal background check
- Transportation in-country, including transfer back to the airport at the end of your internship program
- Meals (Czech Republic, Ireland)
- Souvenirs and leisure activities during your free time
- Personal spending money to cover basic expenses such as drinks, snacks, laundry, public transportation, and any meals not included in the Program Fee
Application and Next Steps:
- To get started, complete your application with Clemson’s Education Abroad office. This is due no later than February 1, 2024 and a $550 USD deposit is required.
- Once accepted, submit your Intern Abroad HQ application. Make sure to select your destination, internship type, and an 8-week duration, beginning on June 3, 2024. Pro tip! Have your Clemson application handy so you can copy and paste your responses.
- The local team in your selected destination will then review your resume, cover letter, and application to identify a placement that fits your skills, experiences, and goals.
- Leading up to your internship, you will receive pre-departure resources and a detailed country guide, in addition to support from your Intern Abroad HQ Program Manager.
- Remaining Program Fees are due no later than 60 days before the start of your program
Clemson’s Center for Career and Professional Development: Troy Nunamaker, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Career Services and Student Experience, Jamie Patterson, email@example.com
Intern Abroad HQ: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-855-714-7455