Medical Internships Abroad
Medical and healthcare internships abroad combine the opportunity to gain professional experience with valuable insight into cultural diversity and developmental challenges. Whether you’re an aspiring dentist, doctor, nurse, midwife, physiotherapist, or social worker, we have a broad range of meaningful medical internships that will enable you to give back and enhance your compassion as a healthcare worker. Completing a medical internship abroad is an exciting milestone for every student to consider. Intern to boost your resume, but gain a lifelong passion for improving access to care and wellbeing around the world.
Where Can I Take A Medical Internship Abroad?
- Costa Rica - Special Education
- Costa Rica - Healthcare
- Costa Rica - Physiotherapy
- Guatemala - Healthcare
- Guatemala - Physiotherapy
- Italy - Social Work
- Peru - Physician’s Assistant
- Peru - Physiotherapy
- Peru - Midwifery
- Peru - Dentistry
- Peru - Special Education
- South Africa - Social Work
- South Africa - Physiotherapy
- South Africa - Occupational Therapy
- South Africa - Psychology
- South Africa - Public Health
- Spain - Healthcare
- Tanzania - Medical
- Tanzania - Nursing
- Tanzania - Midwifery
- Tanzania - Pharmacy
- Tanzania - Radiology
- Tanzania - Physiotherapy
- Tanzania - Ophthalmology
- Tanzania - Dentistry
- Tanzania - Psychology
- Tanzania - Social Work & Community Care Outreach
- Tanzania - Education
- Zanzibar - Social Work & Education internships in Zanzibar
- Zanzibar - Psychology internships in Zanzibar
Depending on your area of study and expertise, each Medical Internship destination offers its own unique placement work with your desired medical or healthcare field.
Who Can Take A Medical Internship Abroad?
Our internships are super flexible and we only have a few basic requirements:
- Proficient in the English language
- Have graduated high school by your internship program start date
- Be at least 18 years old by your internship program start date
- Capable of presenting a clean criminal background check
Learn more about how our internships work.
If you’re a university student ideal fields of study include:
- Public Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Disability Care / Special Needs Care
- Biological / Health Sciences
Even those at pre-med level can take a Medical internship Abroad!
When Can I Take An Internship?
Internships are available year-round with minimum durations starting at 2 weeks. We offer flexible start dates to work in with your schedule. Whether it is a Summer internship abroad or you’re inbetween opportunities and would like to grow your global experience, we can plan an internship to suit.
What Type Of Work Can I Take Part In?
Depending on the destination you select, the type of medical work varies with each internship. If you’re at pre-med or undergraduate level, then medical internships in Central and South America are a great option, where you can shadow local doctors and gain hands on experience. If you’re towards the end of your studies or recently graduated, then Medical Internships in South Africa or Spain allow you to work alongside healthcare professionals in a community sitting with daily patient work
What Costs Are Involved?
Intern Abroad HQ offers the most affordable internship abroad fees. These are broken down into two seperate payments, the registration fee which is US$299 and covers the following:
- Dedicated intern support
- Comprehensive internship guide
- Reflection learning course
- Pre-departure interview
- Flight and travel insurance deals
Then there is the program fee, which is based upon the destination you intern in and the duration. For medical internships, Peru offers the lowest program fee of US$545 for 2 weeks and includes:
- 24/7 in-country support
- Airport pick-up
- Program orientation
- Internship placement
- Learning support service
- Accommodation & meals
Check out our full breakdown on fees.
Feel free to get in contact with us if you have any questions regarding our medical internships abroad.