Medical Internships Abroad
Medical and healthcare internships abroad combine the opportunity to gain professional experience with valuable insight into cultural diversity and developmental challenges. Whether you’re an aspiring dentist, doctor, nurse, midwife, physiotherapist, or social worker, we have a broad range of meaningful medical internships that will enable you to give back and enhance your compassion as a healthcare worker. Completing a medical internship abroad is an exciting milestone for every student to consider. Intern to boost your resume, but gain a lifelong passion for improving access to care and wellbeing around the world.
Career Fields has a new look!
We have updated the look of our career field pages and reorganised things a bit to make it easier for you to find the best internship program for you.Check out the new look
Where Can I Take A Medical Internship Abroad?
Intern Abroad HQ offers a diverse range of intern abroad programs, as well as remote internships that you can complete from anywhere in the world. You can choose from the following Medical internship opportunities:
- Healthcare Internships in Costa Rica
- Physical Therapy Internships in Costa Rica
- Special Education Internships in Costa Rica
- Dental Internships in Greece
- Medical Internships in Athens
- Physical Therapy Internships in Greece
- Physician's Assistant Internships in Athens
- Clinical Psychology remote internships
- Covid-19 Psychological Support remote internships
- Developmental Psychology remote internships
- Introduction to Counseling Skills remote internships
- Social Work & NGO Support remote internships
- Organizational Psychology with HR & Career Counseling remote internships
- Psychology remote internships
- Medical Internships in Valencia
- Physician's Assistant Internships in Valencia
- Physical Therapy Internships in Valencia
- Psychology Internships in Valencia
- Social Work & NGO Support remote internships
- Community Sports & Physical Education Internships in Tanzania
- Dental Internships in Arusha
- Emergency Trauma & Surgery Internships
- Medical Internships in Arusha
- Midwifery Internships in Arusha
- Nursing Internships in Arusha
- Nutrition Internships in Arusha
- Obstetric Surgery & Gynecology Internships in Arusha
- Ophthalmology Internships in Arusha
- Pharmacy Internships in Arusha
- Physician's Assistant Internships in Arusha
- Physical Therapy Internships in Arusha
- Pre-School Children's Education Internships in Tanzania
- Psychology Internships in Arusha
- Radiology Internships in Arusha
- Social Work & Community Outreach Internships in Arusha
- Youth Development & Education Internships in Tanzania
- Dental Internships in Cusco
- Midwifery Internships in Cusco
- Physician’s Assistant Internships in Cusco
- Physical Therapy Internships in Cusco
- Psychology Internships in Cusco
- Special Education Internships in Cusco
- Occupational Therapy Internships in Cape Town
- Physical Therapy Internships in Cape Town
- Psychology Internships in Cape Town
- Public Health Internships in Cape Town
- Social Work Internships in Cape Town
- Medical Internships in Zanzibar
- Psychology Internships in Zanzibar
- Social Work & Education Internships in Zanzibar
Depending on your area of study and expertise, each Medical internship offers its own unique placement work within your desired medical or healthcare field.
Who Can Take A Medical Internship Abroad?
Our internships are super flexible and we only have a few basic requirements:
- Proficient in the English language
- Have graduated high school by your internship program start date
- Be at least 18 years old by your internship program start date
- Capable of presenting a clean criminal background check
Learn more about how our internships work.
If you’re a college or university student, the ideal fields of study for our Medical internships include:
- Public Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Disability Care / Special Needs Care
- Biological / Health Sciences
Even those at pre-med level can take a Medical internship Abroad!
When Can I Take An Internship?
Our internship abroad programs are available year-round with minimum durations starting at 2 weeks. We offer flexible start dates to work in with your schedule. Whether you’re looking for a summer internship abroad or if you’re in between opportunities and would like to grow your global experience, we can customize an internship to match your unique motivations.
Our remote internships programs are also available year-round with customizable scheduling. You can choose from a range of online program options, ranging from 100 hours up to 250 hours. These internships are completed 100% online so you can work from home or anywhere in the world. See how it works.
What Type Of Work Can I Take Part In?
Depending on the internship you select, the type of medical work varies. If you’re at pre-med or undergraduate level, medical internships in Costa Rica and Peru are a great option, allowing you the opportunity to shadow local doctors and gain hands-on experience. If you’re towards the end of your studies or recently graduate, medical internships in South Africa or Spain allow you to work alongside healthcare professionals in a community sitting with daily patient work.
How Much Does It Cost?
Whether you want to intern abroad or intern remotely, we offer the most affordable internship program fees. In addition to connecting you with real organizations and experienced professionals around the world, we provide comprehensive support services and an exclusive experiential learning curriculum to foster the transferable skills favored by employers. You can learn more about what’s included and see how much it costs here.
Feel free to get in contact with us if you have any questions regarding our Healthcare and Medical internships abroad.